Sarah L Pedersen, PhD
Education & Training
Research InterestsSelected Research Publications & Products
- Pedersen, S.L. & McCarthy, D.M. (2013). Differences in response to alcohol between African Americans and European Americans. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 37, 1056-1063.
- Pedersen, S.L., Walther, C.A.P., Pelham, W.E., & Molina, B.S.G. (2016). The indirect effects of childhood ADHD on alcohol problems in adulthood through unique facets of impulsivity. Addiction, 111, 1582-1589.
- Pedersen, S.L., Harty, S.C., Pelham, W.E., Gnagy, E.M., & Molina, B.S.G. (2014). Differential associations between alcohol expectancies and adolescent alcohol use as a function of childhood ADHD. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, 75, 145-152.
- Pedersen, S.L. (2016). Persisting Differences in the Sensitivity to the Effects of Alcohol: What We Know and Where to Go From Here. Biological Psychiatry, 79, e15-e16. (Invited Commentary).
- Pedersen, S.L., Molina, B.S.G, Belendiuk, K.A., & Donovan, J.E. (2012). Racial differences in the development of impulsivity and sensation seeking from childhood into adolescence and their relation to alcohol use. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 36, 1794-1802.
Hot Publication - Molina & Colleagues
Change Over Time in Adolescent and Friend Alcohol Use: Differential Associations for Youth With and Without Childhood Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)Belendiuk KA, Pedersen SL, King KM, Pelham WE and Molina BSPsychology of Addictive Behaviors, 2015, Published OnlineIndividuals with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are at increased risk for experiencing alcohol-related problems by...
Sarah Pedersen, PhD Selected for Membership in Alcohol Medical Scholars Program
Dr. Sarah Pedersen, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, has been invited to join the national Alcohol Medical Scholars Program. She is one of five new individuals selected to participate in this prestigious program. The mission of the Alcohol Medical Scholars Program is to promote optimal education in medical schools regarding the identification and care of people with alcohol use disorders and other substance...
Pedersen and McCarthy Article
Differences in Acute Response to Alcohol Between African Americans and European AmericansPedersen SL and McCarthy DMWhile previous studies have pointed to response to alcohol as an endophenotype for alcohol use disorders, limited work has examined response to alcohol in African Americans, and prior research has not been conducted to directly compare the acute alcohol response of African Americans to European...
Sarah Pedersen, PhD
Department Welcomes Sarah Pedersen, PhD to FacultyThe Department of Psychiatry is pleased to welcome Sarah L. Pedersen, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, to our faculty. After receiving a Master?s degree and a PhD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Missouri, Dr. Pedersen completed a clinical psychology internship and a post doctoral fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Department of...