Eydie L Moses-Kolko, MD
Education & Training
- Wisner KL, Sit DK, McShea, Luther JF, Eng HF, Dills JL, Moses-Kolko EL, Wisniewski SR. Telephone-Based Depression Care Management for Postpartum Women: A Randomized Controlled Trial J Clin Psychiatry. 2017 Aug 8.
- Hipwell AE, Guo C, Phillips ML, Swain JE, Moses-Kolko EL. Right frontoinsular cortex and subcortical activity to infant cry is associated with maternal mental state talk. Journal of Neuroscience, 16 September 2015, 35(37): 12725-12732. PMID: 26377462; PMCID: PMC4571605
- Moses-Kolko EL, Forbes EE, Stepp S, Fraser D, Keenan KE, Guyer AE, Chase HW, Phillips ML, Zevallos CR, Guo C, Hipwell AE. The influence of motherhood on neural systems for reward processing in low income, minority, young women. Psychoneuroendocrinology, April 2016 (66): 130-137
- Moses-Kolko EL,Horner MS, Phillips ML, Hipwell AE, Swain JE. In search of neural endophenotypes of postpartum psychopathology and disrupted maternal caregiving. Journal of Neuroendocrinology, 2014; 26(10): 665-684. PMID 25059408
- Wisner KL, Sit DKY, McShea MC, Rizzo DM, Zoretich RA, Hugh CL, Eng HF, Luther JF, Wisniewsky SR, Costantino ML, Confer AL, Moses-Kolko EL, Famy CS, Hanusa BH. Onset Timing, Thoughts of Self-Harm and Diagnoses of Postpartum Women Who Screen Positive for Depression. JAMA Psychiatry. 2013: 05; 70(5): 490-8. PMID 23487258
- Moses-Kolko EL, Hipwell AE. First-Onset Postpartum Psychiatric Disorders Portend High 1-Year Unnatural-Cause Mortality Risk. American Journal of Psychiatry, 2016 173(6): 559-561.
- Berga SL, Parry B, Moses-Kolko EL. Psychiatry and Reproductive Medicine. In: Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry, 10th Edition. Sadock BJ Sadock, VA Sadock, P Ruiz (eds). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2017; Chapter 31.1:2505-2524.
- Moses-Kolko EL, Berga SL, Kalro B, Sit DK, Wisner KL Transdermal estradiol for postpartum depression: a promising treatment option. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2009;52(3):516-29. PMID 19661765.
- Moses-Kolko EL, Bogen D, Perel J, Wisner KL, Bregar A, Uhl K, Levin B. Neonatal Signs after In Utero Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor Exposure, author reply. JAMA. 2005;294: 2300-2301.
Pitt Psychiatry Faculty Members Host Conference on Women’s Mental Health
Jody Glance, MD (Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Clinical Chief, Addiction Medicine Services) and Eydie Moses-Kolko, MD (Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Senior Advisor, Outpatient Perinatal Mental Health) recently hosted a National Curriculum in Reproductive Psychiatry (NCRP) Advanced: Intensive Care-based Practicum conference. The NCRP Advanced conference provided a diverse group of psychiatrists, OB...
Clinical News: UPMC Pine Center Offers Expanded Child and Family Behavioral Health Services
For many children and families, the lack of convenient access to behavioral health services can be a major barrier to receiving necessary treatment for psychiatric and mood disorders. UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH) is committed to expanding access to care, and the Pine Center in Wexford, PA—just north of the City of Pittsburgh—is accessible to many local communities, and has recently launched programs to...
Innovative Models of Women’s Behavioral Health Care through UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital and Magee-Womens Hospital
Women’s behavioral health is an essential component of the services provided by UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH), but according to Priya Gopalan, MD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry), “We go way beyond the traditional brick and mortar approach to care.” Dr. Gopalan, who is Chief of Psychiatry at Magee-Womens Hospital and an expert in perinatal psychiatry, explains that a wide spectrum of services supports...
Catch Up on the UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital Podcast, Psychiatry Advances
Psychiatry Advances, the Department of Psychiatry podcast launched earlier this year, presents innovative research and patient-centered programs at the cutting edge of psychiatry and the behavioral sciences. The host of Psychiatry Advances is Loren Roth, MD, MPH, Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry. If you aren’t caught up with the latest, below are the episodes currently available to stream from the...