Education & Training
- Wisner KL, Sit DK, McShea, Luther JF, Eng HF, Dills JL, Moses-Kolko EL, Wisniewski SR. Telephone-Based Depression Care Management for Postpartum Women: A Randomized Controlled Trial J Clin Psychiatry. 2017 Aug 8.
- Hipwell AE, Guo C, Phillips ML, Swain JE, Moses-Kolko EL. Right frontoinsular cortex and subcortical activity to infant cry is associated with maternal mental state talk. Journal of Neuroscience, 16 September 2015, 35(37): 12725-12732. PMID: 26377462; PMCID: PMC4571605
- Moses-Kolko EL, Forbes EE, Stepp S, Fraser D, Keenan KE, Guyer AE, Chase HW, Phillips ML, Zevallos CR, Guo C, Hipwell AE. The influence of motherhood on neural systems for reward processing in low income, minority, young women. Psychoneuroendocrinology, April 2016 (66): 130-137
- Moses-Kolko EL,Horner MS, Phillips ML, Hipwell AE, Swain JE. In search of neural endophenotypes of postpartum psychopathology and disrupted maternal caregiving. Journal of Neuroendocrinology, 2014; 26(10): 665-684. PMID 25059408
- Wisner KL, Sit DKY, McShea MC, Rizzo DM, Zoretich RA, Hugh CL, Eng HF, Luther JF, Wisniewsky SR, Costantino ML, Confer AL, Moses-Kolko EL, Famy CS, Hanusa BH. Onset Timing, Thoughts of Self-Harm and Diagnoses of Postpartum Women Who Screen Positive for Depression. JAMA Psychiatry. 2013: 05; 70(5): 490-8. PMID 23487258
- Moses-Kolko EL, Hipwell AE. First-Onset Postpartum Psychiatric Disorders Portend High 1-Year Unnatural-Cause Mortality Risk. American Journal of Psychiatry, 2016 173(6): 559-561.
- Berga SL, Parry B, Moses-Kolko EL. Psychiatry and Reproductive Medicine. In: Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry, 10th Edition. Sadock BJ Sadock, VA Sadock, P Ruiz (eds). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2017; Chapter 31.1:2505-2524.
- Moses-Kolko EL, Berga SL, Kalro B, Sit DK, Wisner KL Transdermal estradiol for postpartum depression: a promising treatment option. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2009;52(3):516-29. PMID 19661765.
- Moses-Kolko EL, Bogen D, Perel J, Wisner KL, Bregar A, Uhl K, Levin B. Neonatal Signs after In Utero Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor Exposure, author reply. JAMA. 2005;294: 2300-2301.
Pitt Psychiatry Faculty Develop Innovations in Medical Training and Patient Care
Department of Psychiatry clinician-educator faculty devote their time, energy and passion to treating patients and training medical students and residents at UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH) . To fulfill WPH’s mission of providing the highest quality psychiatric care for our patients, they seek opportunities, on an ongoing basis, to refine and improve our services and treatments, as well as our medical...
Hot Publication - Moses-Kolko et al.
The Influence of Motherhood on Neural Systems for Reward Processing in Low Income, Minority, Young Women Moses-Kolko EL, Forbes EE, Stepp S, Fraser D, Keenan KE, Guyer AE, Chase HW, Phillips ML, Zevallos CR, Guo C and Hipwell AE Psychoneuroendocrinology. 66:130-137, 2016 Given the association between maternal caregiving behavior and heightened neural reward activity in experimental animal studies, Dr. Eydie Moses...
Eydie Moses-Kolko, MD Promoted to Associate Professor of Psychiatry
The Department of Psychiatry is pleased to announce the promotion of Eydie Moses-Kolko, MD to the rank of Associate Professor of Psychiatry. A graduate of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Dr. Moses-Kolko completed an internship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and her psychiatry residency at the Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC (WPIC). After obtaining postdoctoral...