Education & Training
- Wisner KL, Sit DK, McShea, Luther JF, Eng HF, Dills JL, Moses-Kolko EL, Wisniewski SR. Telephone-Based Depression Care Management for Postpartum Women: A Randomized Controlled Trial J Clin Psychiatry. 2017 Aug 8.
- Hipwell AE, Guo C, Phillips ML, Swain JE, Moses-Kolko EL. Right frontoinsular cortex and subcortical activity to infant cry is associated with maternal mental state talk. Journal of Neuroscience, 16 September 2015, 35(37): 12725-12732. PMID: 26377462; PMCID: PMC4571605
- Moses-Kolko EL, Forbes EE, Stepp S, Fraser D, Keenan KE, Guyer AE, Chase HW, Phillips ML, Zevallos CR, Guo C, Hipwell AE. The influence of motherhood on neural systems for reward processing in low income, minority, young women. Psychoneuroendocrinology, April 2016 (66): 130-137
- Moses-Kolko EL,Horner MS, Phillips ML, Hipwell AE, Swain JE. In search of neural endophenotypes of postpartum psychopathology and disrupted maternal caregiving. Journal of Neuroendocrinology, 2014; 26(10): 665-684. PMID 25059408
- Wisner KL, Sit DKY, McShea MC, Rizzo DM, Zoretich RA, Hugh CL, Eng HF, Luther JF, Wisniewsky SR, Costantino ML, Confer AL, Moses-Kolko EL, Famy CS, Hanusa BH. Onset Timing, Thoughts of Self-Harm and Diagnoses of Postpartum Women Who Screen Positive for Depression. JAMA Psychiatry. 2013: 05; 70(5): 490-8. PMID 23487258
- Moses-Kolko EL, Hipwell AE. First-Onset Postpartum Psychiatric Disorders Portend High 1-Year Unnatural-Cause Mortality Risk. American Journal of Psychiatry, 2016 173(6): 559-561.
- Berga SL, Parry B, Moses-Kolko EL. Psychiatry and Reproductive Medicine. In: Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry, 10th Edition. Sadock BJ Sadock, VA Sadock, P Ruiz (eds). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2017; Chapter 31.1:2505-2524.
- Moses-Kolko EL, Berga SL, Kalro B, Sit DK, Wisner KL Transdermal estradiol for postpartum depression: a promising treatment option. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2009;52(3):516-29. PMID 19661765.
- Moses-Kolko EL, Bogen D, Perel J, Wisner KL, Bregar A, Uhl K, Levin B. Neonatal Signs after In Utero Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor Exposure, author reply. JAMA. 2005;294: 2300-2301.
Innovative Models of Women’s Behavioral Health Care through UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital and Magee-Womens Hospital
Women’s behavioral health is an essential component of the services provided by UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH), but according to Priya Gopalan, MD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry), “We go way beyond the traditional brick and mortar approach to care.” Dr. Gopalan, who is Chief of Psychiatry at Magee-Womens Hospital and an expert in perinatal psychiatry, explains that a wide spectrum of services supports...
Catch Up on the UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital Podcast, Psychiatry Advances
Psychiatry Advances, the Department of Psychiatry podcast launched earlier this year, presents innovative research and patient-centered programs at the cutting edge of psychiatry and the behavioral sciences. The host of Psychiatry Advances is Loren Roth, MD, MPH, Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry. If you aren’t caught up with the latest, below are the episodes currently available to stream from the...
Pitt Psychiatry Faculty Develop Innovations in Medical Training and Patient Care
Department of Psychiatry clinician-educator faculty devote their time, energy and passion to treating patients and training medical students and residents at UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH). To fulfill WPH’s mission of providing the highest quality psychiatric care for our patients, they seek opportunities, on an ongoing basis, to refine and improve our services and treatments, as well as our medical...
Hot Publication - Moses-Kolko et al.
The Influence of Motherhood on Neural Systems for Reward Processing in Low Income, Minority, Young WomenMoses-Kolko EL, Forbes EE, Stepp S, Fraser D, Keenan KE, Guyer AE, Chase HW, Phillips ML, Zevallos CR, Guo C and Hipwell AEPsychoneuroendocrinology. 66:130-137, 2016Given the association between maternal caregiving behavior and heightened neural reward activity in experimental animal studies, Dr. Eydie Moses...