Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Aron EJ, Bostic JQ, Grumet JG, Jacobson SL. Assisting the School in Responding to a Suicide Death: What Every Psychiatrist Should Know. Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 2018 Oct; 27(4): 607-619. PMID: 30219222.
- Jacobson S, Rozel J, Ghalib K, Kurtz B, Sust S, Feuer V, Sidhu S, Vana G, Gerson R, Adelsheim S, Brent D, Kerr M, Soman A, Hong V, Bostic J, Myint M, Siwatch A, Cohen J. 13 Reasons Why Toolkit: Clinician Guidance. www.13reasonswhytoolkit.org/clinicians. Published online on May 18, 2018.
- Jacobson SL. Thirteen Reasons why to be concerned about 13 Reasons Why. The Brown University Child and Adolescent Behavior Letter. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. May 2017.
- Jacobson MJ, Jacobson SJ, Thase ME. Depressive Disorders, in The Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry, (US Edition). Eds. Kupfer, Horner, Brent, Lewis, Reynolds, Thase and Travis. Oxford University Press. New York, 2008.
- Penner AE, Lundblad W, Azzam PN, Gopalan P, Jacobson SL, Travis MJ. Assessing Career Outcomes of a Resident Academic Administrator, Clinician Educator Track: A Seven Year Follow-up. Acad Psychiatry. 2017 Apr;41(2):278-281. PMID: 27142839.
- Sadhu JM, Lee PC, Stewart C, Carson NJ, Usher C, Maneta E, Kitts R, Sharma N, Adams A, Hazen EP, Myint MT, Lee ES, Vasa RA, Randall TL, Leong SL, Jacobson SL. Lessons from the Launch: Program Directors Reflect on Implementing the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Milestones. Acad Psychiatry. 2018 Aug;42(4):510-516. PMID: 29196980.
- Spada M, Lundblad W, Glance J, Rosenstock J, Gopalan P, Azzam PN, Jacobson SL, Travis MJ. Self-Assessment of Teaching Skills Among Psychiatric Residents. Acad Psychiatry. 2018 Aug;42(4):477-481. PMID: 29473133.
- Jacobson SL, Travis MJ, Solai L, MacPhee E, Reynolds CF 3rd, Ryan ND, Roth LH, Kupfer DJ. Preparing the Next Generation of Leaders in Clinician-Education and Academic Administration. Acad Psychiatry. 2010 May-Jun;34(3):224-8. PMID: 20431105.
Pitt Psychiatry Faculty and Trainees Attend the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Annual Meeting
Department of Psychiatry faculty and UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH) residents attended the 66th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP), disseminating their expertise through 26 workshops, posters and presentations on numerous topics in the field, as well as on well-being for physicians and career development for medical students and residents. The annual conference...
University of Pittsburgh Medical Students Meet and Mingle with Department of Psychiatry Faculty at Annual Specialty Night
How do Department of Psychiatry faculty support medical students who are interested in psychiatry? On May 9, the Department of Psychiatry Office of Medical School Education hosted Psychiatry Specialty Night, an annual event when medical students can meet and mingle with faculty to learn more about choosing a career in psychiatry. This year, the event began with an enthusiastic welcome from Dr. Jody Glance...
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Promotes Sansea Jacobson to Associate Professor of Psychiatry
Sansea Jacobson, MD is a dedicated clinician-educator who has established a strong local and national reputation as a leader in medical education and as a role model for the compassionate care of children and their families. A gifted clinician, Dr. Jacobson is board-certified in both general and child and adolescent psychiatry and provides care for patients and their families in the Services for Teens at Risk (STAR...
Dr. Sansea Jacobson Leads SAVE’s Clinician Subgroup to Develop 13 Reasons Why Toolkit
Prior to the debut of Season 2 of 13 Reasons Why on May 18, an international coalition headed by SAVE (Suicide Awareness Voices of Education) developed the online 13 Reasons Why Toolkit to address concerns regarding how the show’s first season portrayed suicide, sexual health, bullying, and other sensitive topics facing today’s youth. Sansea Jacobson, MD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Director of the Child and...