Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Oparaji JA, Nwachuku E, Rosenstock J. Healthy Minds: Promoting Mental Health for At-Risk Youth. Psychiatr Serv 2015 January; 66:104-5. PMID: 25554234
- Rotondi AJ, Haas GL, Anderson CM, Newhill CE, Spring MB, Ganguli R, Gardner WB, Rosenstock J. Web-based Psychoeducational Intervention for Persons with Schizophrenia and Their Supports: One-Year Outcomes Psychiatric Services 2010 Nov; 61:1099-1105. PMID: 21041348
- Marcsisin MJ, Gannon JM, Rosenstock JB (eds). Schizophrenia and Related Disorders. Oxford University Press: New York, 2017.
- Rosenstock J, Sparks GM. Training Physicians for the Real World of Medicine: Administrative-Based Learning. Medical Education 2016 Dec; 50:1189-91. PMID 27873411
- Atkinson D, Rosenstock J. A Role for Balint Groups in Medical Student Training. Ann Behav Sci Med Educ 2015; 21:38-43.
- Rosenstock J. Neuroscience Education for Medical Students: The Area of Concentration Approach. Acad Psychiatry 2011 Jan-Feb; 35:65-6.
- Rosenstock J. Coping with Psychiatry: A Medical Student's Guide to Handling Clerkship Stress. 18-page primer for medical students, posted to web curriculum.
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Promotes Jason Rosenstock, MD, to Professor of Psychiatry
We are delighted to announce that Jason Rosenstock, MD, has been promoted to Professor of Psychiatry by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Dr. Rosenstock earned his MD from Brown University and completed his residency at UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH). He has been a member of the Pitt Psychiatry faculty since 1996, and has served as Director, Medical Student Education since 2005. Last year...
Pitt Psychiatry Honored for Innovations in Medical Education at 2019 Association of Directors of Medical Student Education in Psychiatry Annual Meeting
Congratulations to Jason Rosenstock, MD (Director, Medical Student Education, Department of Psychiatry), Pierre Azzam, MD (Associate Program Director, Office of Residency Training), and Jody Glance, MD (Associate Director, Medical Student Education, Department of Psychiatry), who were selected to receive the Association of Directors of Medical Student Education in Psychiatry (ADMSEP) Innovations Award for “Final...
Jason Rosenstock, MD, Selected as Interim Associate Dean for Medical Education, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
We are pleased to announce that Dr. Jason Rosenstock, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, has been selected to serve as Interim Associate Dean for Medical Education at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Dr. Rosenstock is currently Director, Medical Student Education for the Department of Psychiatry and is chair of the Curriculum Committee at the School of Medicine. In his role as Interim Associate Dean...
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 2019 Match Results Represent Third Annual Increase in Psychiatry Residencies
Resident Match Day 2019 was again very successful for University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (UPSOM) medical students pursuing careers in psychiatry, thanks to the strong leadership of Jason Rosenstock, MD, (Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Director of Medical Student Education) and Jody Glance, MD, (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Associate Director of Medical Student Education). The 2019 Residency...