Education & Training
- Wallace ML, Yu L, Buysse DJ, Stone K, Redline S, Smagula SF, Stefanick ML, Kritz-Silverstein D, Hall MH Multidimensional Sleep Health Domains in Older Men and Women: An Actigraphy Factor Analysis. SLEEP 2020 Sep 12;zsaa181. doi: 10.1093/sleep/zsaa181.
- Wallace ML, Buysse DJ, Redline S, Stone K, Ensrud K, Leng Y, Ancoli-Israel S, Hall MH. Multidimensional sleep and mortality in older adults: A machine-learning comparison with other risk factors. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2019 Nov 13;74(12):1903-1909. doi: 10.1093/gerona/glz044. PubMed PMID: 30778527.
- Wallace ML, Banihashemi L, ODonnell C, Nimgaonkar VL, Kodavali C, McNamee R, Germain A. Using optimal combined moderators to define heterogeneity in neural responses to randomized conditions: Application to the effect of sleep loss on fear learning. NeuroImage 2018 Nov 1;181:718-727. doi:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2018.07.051 PubMed PMID: 29480752.
- Wallace ML, Buysse DJ, Germain A, Hall MH, Iyengar S. Variable selection for skewed model-based clustering: Application to the identification of novel sleep phenotypes. J Am Stat Assoc. 2018; 113(521): 95-110. doi: 10.1080/01621459.2017.1330202
- Wallace ML, Frank E, Kraemer HC. A novel approach for developing and interpreting treatment moderator profiles. JAMA Psychiatry. 2013 Nov;70(11):1241-7. doi: 10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2013.1960. PMCID: PMC24048258
The American Journal of Psychiatry: Experimental Manipulation of the Orbitofrontal Cortex Affects Short-Term Markers of Compulsive Behavior
Individuals with compulsive behavior disorders, such as obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), experience compulsions in which the ability to engage in flexible goal-directed behavior is impaired in favor of habitual behaviors. Research from both animal and human studies have indicated that alterations within the orbitofrontal cortex are a key factor in the onset of compulsive behaviors. However, questions remain...
Diverse Scientists Worldwide Join the Inaugural Summer SWIM, a Virtual Sleep & Circadian Science Workshop
In August 2020, 74 scientists from five continents joined the Department of Psychiatry’s virtual Summer SWIM (Sleep and Circadian Workshop on Indispensable Methods), led by Martica Hall, PhD (Professor of Psychiatry, Psychology and Clinical and Translational Science), and Daniel Buysse, MD (UPMC Professor of Sleep Medicine (Professor of Psychiatry and Clinical and Translational Science), of the University of...
Pitt Psychiatry Awarded $14.8M National Institute on Drug Abuse Center Grant Focused on the Role of Sleep and Circadian Rhythms in Substance Abuse
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) has awarded Pitt Psychiatry a Center of Excellence (P50) grant to fund the Center for Adolescent Reward, Rhythms and Sleep (CARRS). The CARRS Center will be led by Colleen McClung, PhD (Professor of Psychiatry and Clinical and Translational Science) and Daniel Buysse, MD (UPMC Professor of Sleep Medicine and Professor of Psychiatry and Clinical and Translational Science)...
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Promotes Meredith Wallace, PhD, to Associate Professor of Psychiatry
We are delighted to announce that Meredith Wallace, PhD, has been promoted to Associate Professor of Psychiatry by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Dr. Wallace earned her PhD in biostatistics from the University of Pittsburgh in 2009 and began a postdoctoral fellowship in the Department of Psychiatry that same year. Upon completion of her postdoctoral training in psychiatry, she conducted an...