Mary L Woody, PhD
Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Woody ML, Panny B, Degutis M, Griffo A, Price RB. Resting state functional connectivity subtypes predicts discrete patterns of cognitive-affective functioning across levels of analysis among patients with treatment-resistant depression. Behav Res Ther, 2021 Nov 1;146:e103960.
- Woody ML, Kaurin A, McKone KMP, Ladouceur CD, & Silk JS. Displays of negative facial affect during parent-adolescent conflict and the bidirectional transmission of social anxiety. J Child Psychol Psychiatry, 2021 Oct 7 [in press].
- Woody ML, Vaughn-Coaxum R, Siegle GJ, Price RB. Time course of pupillary response to threat words before and after attention bias modification for transdiagnostic anxiety disorders: A randomized controlled trial. Brain Behav. 2020 Aug;10(8):e01664.
- Woody ML, Price RB, Amole MC, Hutchinson E, Allen KB, Silk JS. Using mobile eye-tracking technology to examine adolescent daughters attention to maternal affect during a conflict discussion. Dev Psychobiol. 2020 Aug;63:e22024.
- Woody ML, Yang JO, Cummings L, Gilchrist D, Graur S, Siegle GJ, Price RB. Protracted amygdalar response predicts efficacy of a computer-based intervention targeting attentional patterns in transdiagnostic clinical anxiety. Transl Psychiatry. 2019 Mar 28;9(1):121.
- Woody ML & Price RB (2021). Targeting neurodevelopmental mechanisms in emotional disorders through intervention. In S. Della Sala (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Behavioral Neuroscience 2nd Edition. Chapter forthcoming.
- Price RB & Woody ML (2021). Emotional disorders in development. In S. Della Sala (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Behavioral Neuroscience 2nd Edition. Chapter forthcoming.
Augmented Reality Brain-Computer Interface for Depression Prevention Receives Pitt Innovation Challenge Award
Congratulations to Mary Woody, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry), whose project CREAM Depression: Augmented Reality BCI* was selected to receive a Pitt Innovation Challenge (PInCh) award! The PInCh competition is supported by the Clinical and Translational Science Institute and is designed to support diverse teams who generate innovative solutions to challenging health problems. PInCh provides funding and...
Avoidance Bias to Angry Faces Predicts Development of Depressive Symptoms in Adolescent Girls
Adolescence is a sensitive window for the development of depressive and social anxiety disorders, particularly among girls. Models of depression and social anxiety suggest that individuals with or at high risk for these conditions may exhibit interpersonal behaviors in early adolescence—such as social avoidance and withdrawal—that can evoke negative reactions from others and lead teens to miss out on potential...
Spotlight: The UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital Clinical Psychology Internship
The Department of Psychiatry and UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH) Predoctoral Clinical Psychology Internship Program provides a unique training experience, in a broad range of clinical settings, for clinical psychology graduate students pursuing a doctoral degree. The internship program is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) and is a member of the Academy of Psychological Clinical...
Adriane Soehner, PhD, & Mary Woody, PhD, Honored as Association for Psychological Science Rising Stars
Many congratulations to Adriane Soehner, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry), and Mary Woody, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry), who were recently named Association for Psychological Science (APS) Rising Stars! The APS Rising Star designation is presented to outstanding APS members in the earliest stages of their research careers after completing doctoral training. Dr. Soehner examines the mechanisms...