Mary L Woody, PhD
Education & Training
- Woody ML, Yang JO, Cummings L, Gilchrist D, Graur S, Siegle GJ, Price RB. Protracted amygdalar response predicts efficacy of a computer-based intervention targeting attentional patterns in transdiagnostic clinical anxiety. Transl Psychiatry. 2019;9(1):121.
- Woody ML, Rosen D, Allen KB, Price RB, Hutchinson E, Amole M, Silk JS. Looking for the negative: Depressive symptoms in adolescent girls are associated with sustained attention to a potentially critical judge during in vivo social evaluation. J Exp Child Psychol. 2019;179:90-102.
- Woody ML, Miskovic V, Owens M, James KM, Feurer C, Sosoo EE, Gibb BE. Competition effects in visual cortex between emotional distractors and a primary task in remitted depression. Biol Psychiatry Cogn Neurosci Neuroimaging. 2017;2(5):396-403.
- Woody ML, Owens M, Burkhouse KL, Gibb BE. Selective attention toward angry faces and risk for major depressive disorder in women: Converging evidence from retrospective and prospective analyses. Clin Psychol Sci. 2016;4(2):206-15.
- Woody ML, Feurer C, Sosoo EE, Hastings PD, Gibb BE. Synchrony of physiological activity during motherchild interaction: Moderation by maternal history of major depressive disorder. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2016;57(7):843-50.
New Study by Woody, Siegle, Price, and Colleagues Sheds Light on Why Some People Don’t Respond to a Computer-Based Intervention for Anxiety
There is a great need for better treatments for the forty million U.S. adults who experience anxiety disorders. People with anxiety disorders tend to direct their attention to threat-related, rather than neutral or positive, information in their environment. Because of this link between anxiety and attention, researchers are investigating whether attention retraining could be a viable treatment option. Indeed,...
The Department of Psychiatry welcomes Camila Aponte, MD, Brian C. Thoma, PhD, and Mary Woody, PhD, to the Faculty
The Department of Psychiatry is delighted to announce that Camila Aponte, MD, Brian C. Thoma, PhD , and Mary Woody, PhD , have joined the faculty at the rank of assistant professor. Dr. Aponte earned her MD from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogotá, Colombia. After receiving her medical degree, she completed a residency in adult psychiatry and a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at the Cleveland...