Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Ravindranath V, Dang HM, Goya RG, Mansour H, Nimgaonkar VL, Russell VA, Xin Y. Regional research priorities in brain and nervous system disorders. Nature. 2015 Nov 19;527(7578):S198-206. doi: 10.1038/nature16036
- Hader Mansour, Kodavali Chowdari, Warda Fathi, Mai Elassy, Ibtihal Ibrahim, Joel Wood, Mikhil Bamne, Salwa Tobar, Amal Yassin, Hala Salah, Hanan Elsayed, Ahmed Eissa, Hala El-Boraie, Nahed E. Ibrahim, Mohamed Elsayed, Wafaa El-Bahaei, Zeinab Gomaa, Farha El-Chennawi, Vishwajit L. Nimgaonkar. Does telomere length mediate associations between inbreeding and increased risk for bipolar I disorder and schizophrenia? Psychiatry Res. 2011 Jun 30;188(1):129-32
- Hader A. Mansour, Michael E. Talkowski, Joel Wood, Kodavali V. Chowdari, Lora McClain, Konasale Prasad, Debra Montrose, Andrea Fagiolini, Edward S. Friedman, Michael H. Allen, Charles L. Bowden, Joseph Calabrese, Rif S El-Mallakh, Michael Escamilla Stephen V. Faraone, Mark D. Fossey, Laszlo Gyulai, Jennifer M. Loftis, Peter Hauser, Terence A. Ketter, Lauren B. Marangell, David J. Miklowitz, Andrew A. Nierenberg, Jayendra Patel, Gary S. Sachs, Pamela Sklar, Jordan W. Smoller, Nan Laird, Matcheri Keshavan, Michael E. Thase, David Axelson, Boris Birmaher, David Lewis, Tim Monk, Ellen Frank, David J. Kupfer, Vishwajit L. Nimgaonkar. Association study of twenty-one circadian genes with bipolar I disorder, schizoaffective disorder and schizophrenia. Bipolar Disord. 2009 Nov;11(7):701-10.
- Talkowski ME, Kirov G, Bamne M, Georgieva L, Torres G, Mansour H, Chowdari KV, Milanova V, Wood J, McClain L, Prasad K, Shirts B, Zhang J, O'Donovan MC, Owen MJ, Devlin B, Nimgaonkar VL. A network of dopaminergic gene variations implicated as risk factors for schizophrenia. Hum Mol Genet. 2008 Mar 1;17(5):747-58
- Hader A. Mansour, Michael E. Talkowski, Joel Wood, Lora Pless, Mikhil Bamne, Kodavali V. Chowdari, Michael Allen, Charles L. Bowden, Joseph Calabrese, Rif S El-Mallakh, Andrea Fagiolini, Stephen V. Faraone, Mark D. Fossey, Edward S. Friedman, Laszlo Gyulai, Peter Hauser, Terence A. Ketter, Jennifer M. Loftis, Lauren B. Marangell, David J. Miklowitz, Andrew A. Nierenberg, Jayendra Patel, Gary S. Sachs, Pamela Sklar, Jordan W. Smoller, Michael E. Thase, Ellen Frank, David J. Kupfer, Vishwajit L. Nimgaonkar. Serotonin Gene Polymorphisms and Bipolar I Disorder: Focus on the Serotonin Transporter. Annals of Medicine; 2005, 37 (8): 590-602
- Mansour HA, Wood J, Chowdari KV, Tumuluru D, Bamne M, Monk TH, Hall MH, Buysse DJ, Nimgaonkar VL. Associations between period 3 gene polymorphisms and sleep- /chronotype-related variables in patients with late-life insomnia. Chronobiol Int. 2017;34(5):624-631
- Sewilam AM, Watson AM, Kassem AM, Clifton S, McDonald MC, Lipski R, Deshpande S, Mansour H, Nimgaonkar VL. Suggested avenues to reduce the stigma of mental illness in the Middle East. Int J Soc Psychiatry. 2015 Mar;61(2):111-20
- Aboraya A, El-Missiry A, Barlowe J, John C, Ebrahimian A, Muvvala S, Brandish J, Mansour H, Zheng W, Chumber P, Berry J, Elswick D, Hill C, Swager L, Abo Elez W, Ashour H, Haikal A, Eissa A, Rabie M, El-Missiry M, El Sheikh M, Hassan D, Ragab S, Sabry M, Hendawy H, Abdel Rahman R, Radwan D, Sherif M, Abou El Asaad M, Khalil S, Hashim R, Border K, Menguito R, France C, Hu W, Shuttleworth O, Price E. The reliability of the Standard for Clinicians' Interview in Psychiatry (SCIP): A clinician-administered tool with categorical, dimensional and numeric output. Schizophr Res. 2014 Jul;156(2-3):174-83. doi: 10.1016/j.schres.2014.04.025. Epub 2014 May 17
- Mansour H, Alda M, Nimgaonkar VL (2002). Pharmacogenetics of Bipolar Disorder. Current Psychiatry 4(2): 117-123
- Mansour H, Wood J, Logue T, Chowdari K V, Dayal M, Thase M, Kupfer D J, Monk T, Devlin B, Nimgaonkar V L. Circadian phase variation in Bipolar I Disorder (BD1). Chronobiology International; 2005, 22 (3): 571-584
Congratulations to the UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital Resident and Fellow Class of 2020!
This year the Department of Psychiatry held our first-ever virtual UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH) resident and fellow graduation—a festive and moving online event, hosted by Michael Travis, MD (Senior Director for Postgraduate Physician Training), celebrating the myriad accomplishments of this year’s graduating class. The themes of community and family, as well as the outstanding care delivered during the...
Camila Aponte, MD, and Hader Mansour, MD, PhD, Honored with 2020 Loren Roth Quality and Patient Safety Awards
We are delighted to announce that Camila Aponte, MD, and Hader Mansour, MD, PhD, were honored with 2020 Loren Roth Quality and Patient Safety Awards. Dr. Aponte received the Physician Excellence Award–New Clinician of Excellence, which recognizes an early-career physician who has made exceptional contributions to UPMC’s clinical mission. Kenneth Nash, MD (Chief, Clinical Services, UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital)...
Congratulations to the Latest Graduates of the Clinician-Educator Faculty Development Program
Earlier this month, the most recent class of early-career clinician-educator faculty graduated from the Clinician-Educator Faculty Development Program (CEFDP), an intensive two-year Department of Psychiatry career development initiative. The CEFDP enhances the careers of clinician-educator faculty at the assistant professor level through facilitating mentor-mentee relationships, expanding academic skill sets...
2018 Class of Resident and Fellow Graduates Celebrated at Ceremony Held June 2
Please join us in congratulating the 2018 graduates of Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic Residency and Clinical Fellowship programs. Residents, fellows, and their families and friends celebrated at the graduation ceremony held at the University Club on June 2. The event recognized the completion of an important component of the residents’ medical training and the outstanding contributions of Department...