Education & Training
- Rofey, DL, Arslanian SA, el Nokali E, Watts J, Verstynen T, Sax R, Erickson KI. Brain volume and white matter in youth with type 2 diabetes compared to obese and normal weight, non-diabetic peers: A pilot study. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2015;46:88-91. PMID: 26287285
- Rofey DL, Zeller MH, Brode C, Reiter-Purtill J, Mikhail C, Washington G, Baughcum AE, Peugh J, Austin H, Jenkins T, Courcoulas AP. A multisite view of psychosocial risks in patients presenting for bariatric surgery. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2015;23(6):1218-25. PMID: 25959437
- Rofey DL, Szigethy EM, Noll RB, Dahl RE, Lobst E, Arslanian SA. Cognitive-behavioral therapy for physical and emotional disturbances in adolescents with polycystic ovary syndrome: a pilot study. J Pediatr Psychol. 2009;34(2):156-63. PMID: 18556675
- Rofey DL, McMakin DL, Shaw D, Dahl RE. Self-regulation of sleep, emotion, and weight during adolescence: implications for translational research and practice. Clin Transl Sci. 2013;6(3):238-43. PMID: 23751032
- Rofey, DL, Corcoran, KJ, Tran, GQ, Nabors, LA, Matthews, GD. Demand on mental workload: Relation to cue reactivity and craving in women with disordered eating and problematic drinking. Addiction Research & Theory Addict Res Theory. 2007;15(2):189203.
- Rofey DL, Miller E, McCauley HM. Gender Norms and Obesity: Incorporating gender norms change into clinical interventions. Obesity.2016;24(2):280. doi: 10.1002/oby.21407
- Michael JC, Belendiuk KA, Kuchera AM, Rofey DL. Cognitive behavioral therapy for weight management. Behav Ther. 2013;36: 28-38.
- Rofey DL, Blake R, Phillips JE. Obesity and depression: A focus on polycystic ovary syndrome. In: Cognitive-behavior therapy for children and adolescents. American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc., Arlington, VA; 2012:383-433. http://search.proquest.com.pitt.idm.oclc.org/docview/1022252198?accountid=14709.
- Rofey DL, Hull EE, Phillips J, Vogt K, Silk JS, Dahl RE. Utilizing Ecological Momentary Assessment in pediatric obesity to quantify behavior, emotion, and sleep. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010;18(6):1270-2. PMID: 2896245
- Rofey DL, Kolko RP, Iosif AM, Silk JS, Bost JE, Feng W, Szigethy EM, Noll RB, Ryan N, Dahl RE. A longitudinal study of childhood depression and anxiety in relation to weight gain. Child Psychiatry Hum Dev. 2009;40(4):517-26. PMID: 19404733
- Malas N, Rofey DL, Kuchera AM, Ortiz-Aguayo R, Gold, M. Development of Motivational Interviewing Training for Pediatric Residents. Clinical Teacher. 2016;Feb3. Doi:10.1111/tct.12503.
The 7th Annual Sleep & Circadian Science Research Day Presents the Latest in Sleep and Circadian Science Research
The annual Sleep & Circadian Science Research Day presents new research in the field to faculty, trainees, and students at the University of Pittsburgh and other local institutions. This year, Samer Hattar, PhD (Chief, Section on Light and Circadian Rhythms, National Institute of Mental Health), delivered the David J. Kupfer Keynote Presentation, “Retinal and Brain Circuits Underlying the Effects of Light on...
Spotlight: Eating Disorders in Gender Diverse Kids
Dana Rofey, PhD (Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Psychology, and Clinical and Translational Science), has dedicated her career to increasing access to evidence-based clinical care, as well as to psychological well-being and physical health, in diverse populations of adolescents and young adults. She earned a PhD in clinical psychology at the University of Cincinnati and completed postdoctoral...
Health Equity and Youth Suicide
The Services for Teens at Risk (STAR)-Center is a nationally recognized suicide prevention program that combines clinical and outreach services designed to combat the problem of child and adolescent suicide. The STAR-Center provides outpatient assessment and treatment for depressed and anxious children and teens, and offers acute treatment to depressed and suicidal youth through the Center’s intensive outpatient...
Pitt Psychiatry at the 2021 TransPride Pittsburgh Health and Wellness Conference
The annual TransPride Pittsburgh Health and Wellness Conference, held over three days in October, addressed the theme Rising to the Challenge—a dual meaning intended to encourage professionals to meet the needs of the trans community, as well as to elevate the voices of community members. The conference included trans, nonbinary, and gender-nonconforming speakers, as well as cisgender speakers who were encouraged...