Education & Training
- Conner CM, Golt J, Righi G, Shaffer R, Siegel M, Mazefsky CA. A comparative study of suicidality and its association with emotion regulation impairment in large ASD and US census-matched samples. J Autism Dev Disord. 2020 Oct; 50(10):3545-3560. doi: 10.1007/s10803-020-04370-1. PMID: 31939083.
- Beck KB, Conner CM, White SW, Mazefsky CA. Mindfulness 'Here and Now': Strategies for Helping Adolescents with Autism. J. Am. Acad. Child Adolesc. Psychiatry. 2020 Oct.; 59 (10): 1125-1127. doi: 10.1016/j.jaac.2020.07.004
- White SW, Conner CM, Beck KB, Mazefsky CA. Clinical Update: the Implementation of Evidence-Based Emotion Regulation Treatment for Youth with Autism. Evidence- Based Treatment in Child and Adolescent Mental Health. 2020 May [Epub ahead of print]. doi:10.1080/23794925.2020.1796551
- Conner CM, White SW, Scahill L, Mazefsky CA. The role of emotion regulation in the experience of anxiety in autism. Autism, Special Issue on Mental Health Across the Lifespan. 2020 May; 24(4): 931-940. doi: 10.1177/1362361320904217. PMID: 32050774.
- Conner CM, White SW, Beck KB, Golt J, Smith IC, Mazefsky CA. Improving emotion regulation ability in autism: The Emotion Awareness and Skills Enhancement (EASE) program. Autism. 2019 Jul; 23(5):1273-1287. doi:10.1177/1362361318810709. PMID: 30400749.
Now in Autism Research: Elevated Emotion Dysregulation in Autism Compared to the General Population
Children and adolescents with autism are nine times more likely than peers without autism spectrum disorder (ASD) to require emergency room visits for psychiatric reasons, and twelve times more likely to require psychiatric hospitalization by age 21. Additionally, research suggests that poor emotion regulation is associated with a higher likelihood of co-occurring psychiatric disorders. The Emotion Dysregulation...
The Department of Psychiatry Welcomes Caitlin Conner, PhD, Lisa Mengwall-Weinstock, MD, and Maggie Whelan, MD, PhD, to the Faculty
The Department of Psychiatry is delighted to announce that Caitlin Conner, PhD, Lisa Mengwall-Weinstock, MD, and Maggie Whelan, MD, PhD, have joined our faculty. Caitlin Conner, PhD After completing a clinical internship at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, Dr. Conner earned her PhD in clinical science from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 2017. She then joined the University of...