Rebecca B Price, PhD
Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Price RB, Lane S, Gates K, Kraynak TE, Horner MS, Thase ME, Siegle GJ. Parsing heterogeneity in the brain connectivity of depressed and healthy adults during positive mood. Biol Psychiatry. 2017;81:347-357.
- Price RB, Gillan C, Hanlon C, Ferrarelli F, Kim T, Karim HT, Renard MP, Kaskie R, Degutis M, Wears A, Vienneau EP, Peterchev AV, Brown V, Siegle GJ, Wallace ML, Ahmari S. Experimental Manipulation of the Orbitofrontal Cortex Impacts Short-Term Markers of Human Compulsive Behavior: A Theta Burst Stimulation Study. Am J Psychiatry. 2021.
- Price RB, Wallace M, Kuckertz JM, Amir N, Graur S, Cummings L, Popa P, Carlbring P, Bar-Haim Y. Pooled patient-level meta-analysis of children and adults completing a computer-based anxiety intervention targeting attentional bias. Clin Psychol Rev. 2016;50:37-49.
- Price RB, Rosen D, Siegle GJ, Ladouceur CD, Tang K, Benoit Allen K, Ryan ND, Dahl RE, Forbes EE, Silk JS. From anxious youth to depressed adolescents: Prospective prediction of 2-year depression symptoms via attentional bias measures. J Abnorm Psychol. 2016;125(2):267-278.
- Price RB, Nock MK, Charney DS, Mathew SJ. Effects of intravenous ketamine on explicit and implicit measures of suicidality in treatment-resistant depression. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;66:522-526.
Rebecca Price, PhD, Receives Society of Biological Psychiatry A.E. Bennett Award
We are thrilled to announce that Rebecca Price, PhD (Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology), has received the 2023 Society of Biological Psychiatry A.E. Bennett Award for Clinical/Translational Research. This award recognizes superb international research in biological psychiatry by young investigators. Dr. Price uses functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), pupillometry, eye tracking, and...
Meet the Pitt Psychiatry Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity Leadership & Advisory Council
The Department of Psychiatry Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity (DEI) Leadership Council represents the recent step in a continued journey to enhance DEI in our community (learn more about this work here). Composed of nine Department of Psychiatry faculty members, the Council provides continuity and dynamism to our DEI-related efforts, so that we can continue to engage our academic community in a way that matches...
Pitt Psychiatry News from the 2022 American College of Neuropsychopharmacology Annual Meeting
Many Pitt Psychiatry faculty and trainees traveled to Phoenix—or participated remotely—for the 2022 American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP) annual meeting in early December! Below is Pitt Psychiatry news from the meeting: President’s Plenary Marta Peciña, MD, PhD (Associate Professor of Psychiatry), was selected as a President’s Plenary presenter, and discussed the latest work on endogenous opioid...
A Novel, Brief, Fully Automated Intervention to Extend the Antidepressant Effect of a Single Ketamine Infusion: A Randomized Clinical Trial
Depression is one of the most prevalent and costly mental health conditions. Though effective treatments have been available for decades, remission rates are low, relapse rates are high, and disorder prevalence rates remain notably consistent or increased, with only 12.7% of patients receiving minimally adequate treatment. In recent years, two potential breakthroughs have ignited hopes for turning a corner in the...