Judy L Cameron, PhD
Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Bethea, C.L. and J.L. Cameron. Neuro-pharmacological remediation of Functional Hypothalamic Amenorrhea and underlying neurobiology in macaques. Human Reproduction, in press, 2020.
- Cameron, J.L., R. Jain, M. Rais, A.E. White, T.M. Beer, P. Kievitt, K. Winters-Stone, I. Messaoudi, and O. Varlamov. Perpetuating effects of androgen deficiency on insulin-resistance. Int J Obesity 40: 856-863, 2016. PMID: 27534842
- De Campo, D.M., J.L. Cameron, J. Miano, D.A. Lewis, K. Mirnics, and J.L. Fudge. Early social stress in infant macaques alters expression of neural maturation gene tbr-1 in the amygdala paralaminar nucleus, Developmental Psychobiology 9999: 1-15, 2016. PMID: 27917473
- McGee, W.M., C.V. Bishop, C.R. Pohl, R.J. Chang, J.C. Marshall, F.K. Pau, R.L.Stouffer and J.L.Cameron. Effects of hyperandrogenemia and increased adiposity on reproductive parameters in young adult female monkeys: A possible component of polycystic ovary syndrome. American Journal of Physiology: Endocrinology and Metabolism, 306: E1292-E1234, 2014. PMID: 24735887, PMCID: PMC4042098
- Rhyu, I.J., J.A. Bytheway, S. J. Kohler, H. Lange, K.J. Lee, J. Boklewski, K. McCormick, N.I. Williams, G.B. Stanton, W.T. Greenough and J.L. Cameron. Effects of aerobic exercise training on cognitive function and cortical vascularity in monkeys. Neuroscience 167: 1239-1248, 2010. PMID: 20211699, PMCID: PMC3417752
Working for Kids: Building Skills Team Emanates from Innovation Institute
Working for Kids: Building SkillsTM, led by Judy Cameron, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry was one of 29 companies to emanate from the University of Pittsburgh Innovation Institute in 2017. The team is now offering this educational program, which educates communities about child brain development and interventions needed to help children succeed later in life, through Working for Kids: Building Skills LLC. Initially...
Pitt Ventures First Gear Awards
Projects let by Judy Cameron, PhD and Greg Siegle, PhD were big winners at the 2016 Pitt Ventures First Gear commercialization program competition. Their projects earned the top two awards at this year's competition. The Pitt Ventures First Gear program offers education, mentoring and funding to Pitt innovators seeking to move their research and innovations into the market. It is part of the National Science...