Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Eaglehouse YL, Venditti EM, Kramer MK, Arena VC, Vanderwood KK,Rockette-Wagner B, Kriska AM. Factors related to lifestyle goal achievement in a diabetes prevention program dissemination study. Transl Behav Med. 2017 Apr 10.doi: 10.1007/s13142-017-0494-0. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28397158
- Venditti EM, Wylie-Rosett J, Delahanty LM, Mele L, Hoskin MA, Edelstein SL;Diabetes Prevention Program Research Group. Short and long-term lifestyle coaching approaches used to address diverse participant barriers to weight loss and physical activity adherence. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2014 Feb 12;11:16.doi: 10.1186/1479-5868-11-16.PMID: 24521153
- Venditti EM, Giles C, Firrell LS, Zeveloff AD, Hirst K, Marcus MD. Interactive learning activities for the middle school classroom to promote healthy energy balance and decrease diabetes risk in the HEALTHY primary prevention trial. Health Promot Pract. 2014 Jan;15(1):55-62.
- Venditti EM, Bray GA, Carrion-Petersen ML, Delahanty LM, Edelstein SL, Hamman RF, Hoskin MA, Knowler WC, Ma Y; Diabetes Prevention Program Research Group. First versus repeat treatment with a lifestyle intervention program: Attendance and weight loss outcomes. Int J Obes (Lond). 2008 Oct;32(10):1537-44.PMID: 18711387
- Venditti EM, Wing RR, Jakicic JM, Butler BA, Marcus MD. Weight cycling, psychological health, and binge eating in obese women. J Consult Clin Psychol.1996 Apr;64(2):400-5.PMID: 8871424
- Venditti EM. Behavioral lifestyle interventions for the primary prevention of type 2 diabetes and translation to Hispanic/Latino communities in the United States and Mexico. Nutr Rev. 2017 Jan;75 (suppl 1):85-93. doi:10.1093/nutrit/nuw041. PMID: 28049753
- Venditti EM. Behavior change to prevent or delay Type 2 diabetes: Psychologyin action. Am Psychol. 2016 Oct;71(7):602-613. PMID: 27690488
- Venditti EM, Kramer MK. Diabetes Prevention Program community outreach: Perspectives on lifestyle training and translation. Am J Prev Med. 2013 Apr;44(4 Suppl 4):S339-45. doi: 10.1016/j.amepre.2012.12.014. PMID: 23498296
- Venditti EM, Kramer MK. Necessary components for lifestyle modification interventions to reduce diabetes risk. Curr Diab Rep. 2012 Apr;12(2):138-46. doi:10.1007/s11892-012-0256-9. Review. PMID: 22350807
- Venditti EM, Kramer MK, Semler LN, Kriska AM. GROUP LIFESTYLE BALANCE: A Modification of the Diabetes Prevention Program's Lifestyle Change Program Manual of Operations and Participant Materials.2008; 2010; 2011; 2017, University of Pittsburgh.
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Promotes Elizabeth Venditti, PhD, to Associate Professor of Psychiatry
We are delighted to announce that Elizabeth Venditti, PhD, has been promoted to the rank of Associate Professor of Psychiatry by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Dr. Venditti earned her PhD in clinical psychology from the University of Pittsburgh and completed her clinical psychology internship at New York University-Bellevue. After a successful early career in private practice, she joined the...