Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Soehner AM, Kaplan KA, Saletin J, Talbot LS, Gruber J, Hairston IS, Eidelman P, Walker MP, Harvey AG. You'll feel better in the morning: Slow wave activity and overnight mood regulation in interepisode bipolar disorder. Psychol Med. In Press.
- Soehner AM, Bertocci, MA, Manelis A, Bebko G, Ladouceur CD, Graur S, Monk K, Bonar LK, Hickey MB, Axelson D, Goldstein BI, Goldstein TR, Birmaher B, Phillips ML. Preliminary investigation of the relationships between sleep duration, reward circuitry function, and mood dysregulation in youth offspring of parents with bipolar disorder. J Affect Disord. 2016 Jul 1;205:144-153.
- Soehner AM, Kaplan KA, Harvey AG. Prevalence and clinical correlates of co-occurring insomnia and hypersomnia symptoms in depression. J Affect Disord. 2014;167:93-7.
- Soehner AM, Harvey AG. Prevalence and functional consequences of severe insomnia symptoms in mood and anxiety disorders: results from a nationally representative sample. Sleep. 2012 Oct 1;35(10):1367-75.
- Harvey AG, Murray G, Chandler RA, Soehner A. Sleep disturbance as transdiagnostic: consideration of neurobiological mechanisms. Clin Psychol Rev. 2011 Mar;31(2):225-35.
- Blanger L, Harvey AG, Talbot L, Eidelman P, Beaulieu-Bonneau S, Fortier-Brochu , Ivers H, Lamy M, Hein K, Soehner AM, Mrette C, Morin CM. Impact of Comorbid Anxiety and Depressive Disorders on Treatment Response to Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Insomnia. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2016 Aug; 84(8):659-67.
- Buysse DJ, Soehner A, Abbott S, Kapur VK, Mahowald MW, Parker KP, Redline S, Schenck CH, Zee PC. Psychiatry. 4th ed. Chichester( UK): John Wiley & Sons, Ltd; 2015. Chapter 66, Sleep and SleepWake Disorders; p.1264-1310.
- Harvey AG, Soehner AM, Kaplan KA, Hein K, Lee J, Kanady J, Li D, Rabe-Hesketh S, Ketter TA, Neylan TC, Buysse DJ. Treating insomnia improves mood state, sleep, and functioning in bipolar disorder: a pilot randomized controlled trial. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2015;83(3):564-77.
- Harvey AG, Kaplan KA, Soehner A. Interventions for sleep disturbance in bipolar disorder. Sleep Med Clin. 2015 Mar 1;10(1):101-105.
- Harvey AG, Blanger L, Talbot L, Eidelman P, Beaulieu-Bonneau S, Fortier-Brochu , Ivers H, Lamy M, Hein K, Soehner AM, Mrette C, Morin CM. Comparative efficacy of behavior therapy, cognitive therapy, and cognitive behavior therapy for chronic insomnia: a randomized controlled trial. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2014 Aug;82(4):670-83.
Adriane Soehner, PhD, & Mary Woody, PhD, Honored as Association for Psychological Science Rising Stars
Many congratulations to Adriane Soehner, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry), and Mary Woody, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry), who were recently named Association for Psychological Science (APS) Rising Stars! The APS Rising Star designation is presented to outstanding APS members in the earliest stages of their research careers after completing doctoral training. Dr. Soehner examines the mechanisms...
Pitt Psychiatry News from the 2020 Annual Meeting of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology
“I think that everyone can agree that 2020 was not a traditional year. Following suit, ACNP 2020 was not a traditional meeting,” says Susanne Ahmari, MD, PhD, program chair for the 2020 American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP) Annual Meeting. “However, although it was not the meeting we expected to plan when I stepped into my term as program chair, it ended up being an incredible combination of old and...
Pitt Psychiatry Hosts Virtual Research Matinee—An Afternoon of Discovery, Reflection, and Celebration
Last week we reinvented our annual in-person Research Day as a virtual Research Matinee, a Department-wide exploration of innovative research, career reflections and honors for outstanding faculty and staff. Attendees included nearly 200 Psychiatry faculty, trainees, and staff, who tuned in for plenary speaker Mary Phillips, MD, MD (Cantab), followed by the perennially popular Speed Dat(a)ing, in which six...
Diverse Scientists Worldwide Join the Inaugural Summer SWIM, a Virtual Sleep & Circadian Science Workshop
In August 2020, 74 scientists from five continents joined the Department of Psychiatry’s virtual Summer SWIM (Sleep and Circadian Workshop on Indispensable Methods), led by Martica Hall, PhD (Professor of Psychiatry, Psychology and Clinical and Translational Science), and Daniel Buysse, MD (UPMC Professor of Sleep Medicine (Professor of Psychiatry and Clinical and Translational Science), of the University of...