Guillermo R Gonzalez-Burgos, PhD
Education & Training
- Distinct Physiological Maturation of Parvalbumin-Positive Neuron Subtypes in Mouse Prefrontal Cortex. Takeaki Miyamae, Kehui Chen, David A. Lewis and Guillermo Gonzalez-Burgos. Journal of Neuroscience 10 May 2017, 37(19) 4883-4902; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3325-16.2017
- Alterations in Cortical Network Oscillations and Parvalbumin Neurons in Schizophrenia. Guillermo Gonzalez-Burgos, Raymond Y Cho, David A Lewis Biological Psychiatry Volume 77, Issue 12, 15 June 2015, Pages 1031-1040. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biopsych.2015.03.010.
- Functional maturation of GABA synapses during postnatal development of the monkey dorsolateral prefrontal cortex. Guillermo Gonzalez-Burgos, Takeaki Miyamae, Diego E Pafundo, Hiroki Yoshino, Diana C Rotaru, Gil Hoftman, Dibyadeep Datta, Yun Zhang, Mahjub Hammond, Allan R Sampson, Kenneth N Fish, G Bard Ermentrout, David A Lewis. Cerebral Cortex, Volume 25, Issue 11, 1 November 2015, Pages 40764093, https://doi.org/10.1093/cercor/bhu122
- Glutamate Receptor Subtypes Mediating Synaptic Activation of Prefrontal Cortex Neurons: Relevance for Schizophrenia. Diana C. Rotaru, Hiroki Yoshino, David A. Lewis, G. Bard Ermentrout and Guillermo Gonzalez-Burgos. Journal of Neuroscience 5 January 2011, 31(1)142-156; DOI:https://doi.org/10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1970-10.2011.
- GABA Neurons and the Mechanisms of Network Oscillations: Implications for Understanding Cortical Dysfunction in Schizophrenia. Guillermo Gonzalez-Burgos David A. Lewis. Schizophrenia Bulletin, Volume 34, Issue 5, 1 September 2008, Pages 944961, https://doi.org/10.1093/schbul/sbn070
Hot Publication - Miyamae et al.
Distinct physiological maturation of parvalbumin-positive neuron subtypes in mouse prefrontal cortex Miyamae T, Chen K, Lewis DA and Gonzalez Burgos G Journal of Neuroscience, 2017, 37:4883-4902. Parvalbumin-positive (PV+) neurons control the timing of pyramidal cell output in cortical neuron networks. In the prefrontal cortex (PFC), PV+ neuron activity is involved in cognitive function, suggesting that PV+ neuron...
Congratulations to Guillermo Gonzalez-Burgos, PhD on his promotion to the rank of Associate Professor of Psychiatry by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. A graduate of the University of Buenos Aires in Argentina, Dr. Gonzalez-Burgos received his PhD in Neuroscience in 1995, and began his career at the University of Pittsburgh later that year. As a postdoc in the Department of Neuroscience, he studied...
Pafundo et al. - Journal of Physiology
Cholinergic modulation of neuronal excitability and recurrent excitation-inhibition in prefrontal cortex circuits: implications for gamma oscillations Pafundo DE, Miyamae T, Lewis DA and Gonzalez-Burgos G Cognitive functions such as working memory, the ability to hold and use small amounts of information in one?s mind for a short period of time, depend on the rhythmic activity of networks of neurons known as gamma...