Justin W Schreiber, DO
Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Schreiber J. Long Term Use of Psychotropic Medications in Children with ADHD. Association for Academic Psychiatry Grand Rounds. October 2015. October 2015. 34(4): 6
- Schreiber J. Parental Confidence in Changing Child Obesity Behaviors. Association for Academic Psychiatry Grand Rounds. December 2014 doi:10.1016/j.acap.2014.03.001
- Schreiber J, Beerman L. Psychotropic Medication Cardiac Side Effects: Focus on QT Prolongation and Torsades de Pointes. JAACAP Connect. October 2014
- Schreiber J, Flint A. Strategies to Address the Metabolic Side Effects of Second Generation Anti psychotics in Youth. JAACAP Connect. July 2014
- Schreiber J, Malas N. Antipsychotic Use and Risk for Type 2 Diabetes in Youth. Association for Academic Psychiatry Grand Rounds. April 2014. 31 (4): 45; doi:10.1542/gr.31-4-45
- Schwarz K, Sisk B, Schreiber J, Malik F. A Common Thread: Pediatric Advocacy Training. Pediatrics. January 2015 135(1) doi: 10.1542/peds.2014-2675
- Schreiber J. Suicidal Behavior After FDA Warning for Antidepressants. Association for Academic Psychiatry Grand Rounds. November 2014 32(5): 54; doi:10.1542/gr.32-5-54
- Schreiber J, Hart S, Hart L, Arshad S. Program Directors View of Duty Hours: Where do We Go From Here? Association for Academic Psychiatry Grand Rounds. March 2014; 31 (3): 32; doi: 10.1542/gr.31-3-32
UPMC Hosts the 4th Annual Triple Board & Post-Pediatrics Portal Program Summit: Honing Your Skills and Becoming a Leader
UPMC hosted the 4th Annual Triple Board & Post Pediatrics Portal Program Summit: Honing Your Skills and Becoming a Leader on April 6-7, 2018. This national event brings together physicians and students interested in combined training. Triple Board Co-chief Resident Sarah H. Arshad, MD, chaired the summit with help from her faculty adviser, Justin Schreiber, DO, MPH , Assistant Professor, and Jennifer DeBasi,...
Dr. Justin Schreiber Appointed John F. McDermott Editor-in-Residence of JAACAP for 2018-2019
Justin Schreiber, DO, MPH, FAAP was appointed the John F. McDermott Editor-in-Residence of the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (JAACAP) for the 2018-2019 term. JAACAP is the flagship journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP). The assistant editor-in-residence position provides the opportunity for an early-career child and adolescent psychiatrist to...
AACAP Selects Triple Board Resident Justin Schreiber, DO, MPH for Clinical Projects Scholarship
J ustin Schreiber, DO, MPH, a Triple Board Resident at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC (WPIC), has been selected by the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) as the recipient of a Clinical Projects Scholarship. Dr. Schreiber was selected in recognition of his Equip for Life project. The Equip for Life initiative, developed by Dr. Schreiber and his colleagues, Drs. Stacey Cook...
Justin Schreiber, DO, MPH Elected Secretary of American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Medical Students, Residents and Fellowship Trainees The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Section on Medical Students, Residents and Fellowship Trainees has elected, a Triple Board Resident, to the position of Secretary for 2013-2014. This is an accomplishment and honor not only for Dr. Schreiber, but also for the residency...