Education & Training
- Levenson, J.C., Miller, E., Hafer, B., Reidell, M.F., Buysse, D.J., Franzen, P.L. (2016). Pilot study of a sleep health promotion program among college students. Sleep Health, 2(2), 167-174. PMID: 27525300, PMCID: PMC4978431
- Levenson, J.C., Soehner, A., Rooks, B.T., Merranko, J., Goldstein, T.R., Axelson, D.A., Goldstein, B.I., Brent, D.A., Diler, R., Hafeman, D., Hickey, M.B., Monk, K., Sakolsky, D., Kupfer, D.J., Birmaher, B. (2017). Sleep phenotypes among offspring of bipolar parents and community controls: a latent transition analysis and association with conversion to bipolar disorder. Journal of Affective Disorders, 215, 30-36. PMID: 28315578 DOI: 10.1016/j.jad.2017.03.011
- Levenson, J.C., Rollman, B.L., Ritterband, L., Strollo, P.J., Smith, K.J., Yabes, J.G., Moore, C.G., Harvey, A.G., Buysse, D.J. (2017). Hypertension with Unsatisfactory Sleep Health (HUSH): Study Protocol for a Randomized Controlled Trial. Trials, 18(1). PMID: 28587609 PMCID: PMC5461741
- Levenson, J.C., Shensa, A., Sidani, J.E., Colditz, J.B., Primack, B.A. (Accepted). Social Media Use before Bed and Sleep Disturbance among Young Adults in the United States: A Nationally-Representative Study. SLEEP.
- Levenson, J.C., Kay, D.B., Buysse, D.J. (2015). The pathophysiology of insomnia. CHEST. 147, 4, 1179-1192. PMID: 25846534 PMCID: PMC4388122
- Frank, E., & Levenson, J.C. (2010). Interpersonal Psychotherapy. American Psychological Association.
- Swartz, H.A., Levenson, J.C., & Frank, E. (2012). Psychotherapy for bipolar II disorder: the role of interpersonal and social rhythm therapy. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 43(2), 145-153.*
- Frank, E., Ritchey, F.C., & Levenson, J.C. (2014). Is Interpersonal Psychotherapy infinitely adaptable? A compendium of the multiple modifications of IPT. American Journal of Psychotherapy. PMID: 26453344 PMCID: PMC4602162
New Center for Interventions to Enhance Community Health (CiTECH) Aims to Improve Quality of Life for Individuals with Behavioral Health Conditions by Translating Research into Innovative Community-Based Interventions
Investigators in the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work and the Department of Psychiatry have established the Center for Interventions to Enhance Community Health (CiTECH) to study, understand, and improve community behavioral health services. Mental and behavioral health are cornerstones of a good quality of life, yet most people cannot obtain effective, evidence-based behavioral health services in the...
Jessica Levenson, PhD Promoted to Assistant Professor
Jessica Levenson, PhD is a licensed clinical psychologist treating adolescents and adults for mood and sleep disorders. Her research interests are designing and evaluating interventions for adolescents that enhance sleep health specifically to promote mental and physical health broadly. She uses qualitative and quantitative approaches to develop stakeholder-informed interventions that are likely to be effective,...
Hot Publication - Frank et al.
An Integrated Risk Reduction Intervention Can Reduce Body Mass Index in Individuals Being Treated for Bipolar I Disorder: Results from a Randomized Trial Frank E, Wallace ML, Hall M, Hasler B, Levenson JC, Janney CA, Soreca I, Fleming MC, Buttenfield J, Ritchey FC and Kupfer DJ Bipolar Disorders, Published online December 12, 2014 Bipolar disorder is a chronic disease that is associated with a potentially...
Jessica Levenson, PhD awarded Innovation Grant from the American Psychological Foundation
Jessica Levenson, PhD, a postdoctoral scholar in the University of Pittsburgh Translational Research Training in Sleep Medicine Fellowship, has been selected for the 2013 Drs. Rosalee G. and Raymond A. Weiss Research and Program Innovation Award from the American Psychological Foundation. The grant supports innovative research, education, and interventions in: 1) Understanding and fostering the connection between...