Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Goldstein TR, Krantz M, Merranko J, Garcia M, Sobel L, Rodriguez C, Douaihy A, Axelson DA, Birmaher B. Medication adherence among adolescents with bipolar disorder. J Child Adol Psychopharmacol. 2016 Dec;26(10). PMID: 27419273
- Goldstein TR, Fersch RK, Rivera M, Axelson DA, Merranko J, Yu H, , Brent DA, Birmaher B. Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for Adolescents with Bipolar Disorder: Results from a Pilot Randomized Trial. J Child Adol Psychopharmacol. 2015 Mar;25(2):140-149. PMID: 25010702
- Goldstein TR, Fersch-Podrat RK, Axelson DA, Gilbert A, Hlastala S, Birmaher B, Frank E. Early Intervention for adolescents at high risk for the development of bipolar disorder: Pilot study of Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy (IPSRT). Psychotherapy. 2014 Mar;51(1):180-18. PMID: 24377402
- Goldstein TR, Ha W, Axelson DA, Goldstein BI, Liao F, Gill MK, Ryan ND, Yen S, Hunt J, Hower H, Keller M, Strober M, Birmaher B. Predictors of prospectively observed suicide attempts among youth with bipolar disorder. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2012 Nov;69(11):1113-1122. PMID: 22752079
- Goldstein TR, Obreja M, Shamseddeen W, Iyengar S, Axelson DA, Goldstein BI, Monk K, Hickey MB, Sakolsky D, Kupfer DJ, Brent DA, Birmaher B. Risk for suicidal ideation among the offspring of bipolar parents: Results from the Bipolar Offspring Study (BIOS). Arch Suicide Res. 2011 Jul;15(3):207-222. PMID: 21827311
Hafeman et al. Report on the Usefulness of a Risk Calculator to Predict New-Onset Bipolar Spectrum Disorder in Youth in JAMA Psychiatry
Early identification of individuals at high risk for the onset of bipolar spectrum disorder (BPSD) is key from both a clinical and research perspective. In this study, Dr. Hafeman and colleagues built a risk calculator to predict the five-year onset of BPSD in youth at familial risk. This study tested the degree to which a time-to-event model, including measures of mood and anxiety, general psychosocial functioning...
Presidential Early Career Award
Dr. Tina Goldstein Selected by President Obama to Receive Early-Career Award for Extraordinary Scientists and Engineers President Barack Obama has named Dr. Tina Goldstein as a recipient of the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers. Dr. Goldstein is one of a select group of researchers chosen by the President to receive this honor. ? These early-career scientists are leading the way in our ef...
CABS Receives Reintegration Award
CABS Program Honored for Integration Efforts CABS Faculty (left to right): Drs. Boris Birmaher, Tina Goldstein, David Axelson, Dara Sakolsky and Rasim Diler The Department of Psychiatry is pleased to announce that the Child and Adolescent Bipolar Services (CABS) program has been selected by the National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare for the 2013 Reintegration Award in Clinical Medicine. The program wa...
Hot Publication - Goldstein et al.
Predictors of Prospectively Examined Suicide Attempts among Youth with Bipolar Disorder Goldstein TR, Ha W, Axelson DA, Goldstein BI, Liao F, Gill MK, Ryan ND, Yen S, Hunt J, Hower H, Keller M, Strober M, Birmaher B. Individuals with bipolar disorder are at high risk for suicide, and those who experience onset of their illness during childhood are at even greater risk. Yet, little is known about which youth with bi...