Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Stahl ST, Schulz R. Feeling relieved after the death of a family member with dementia: Associations with post-bereavement adjustment. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2019; in press.
- Smagula SF, Hall TM, Stahl ST. Rest-activity rhythms and depression symptoms in older bereaved adults. Int Psychogeriatr. 2019; in press.
- Stahl ST, Schulz R. Restorative activities among bereaved caregivers of nursing home patients. Geriatr Nurs. 2018; 39, 414-418.
- Stahl ST, Emanuel J, Albert SM, Dew MA, Schulz R, Robbins-Welty G, Reynolds III CF. Design and rationale of a technology-based healthy lifestyle intervention in older adults grieving the loss of a spouse. Contemp Clin Trials Comm. 2017; 8: 99-105.
- Stahl ST, Albert SM. Walking tests: Are they sensitive to detect cognitive decline in older adults? Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2018; 26: 449-450.
AAGP Early Career Scientist Award
Sarah T. Stahl, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, has been presented with the 2017 Barry Lebowitz Early Career Scientist Award by the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry (AAGP). The award is presented by the AAGP to an early career scientist who demonstrates an outstanding academic track record in the field of geriatric mental health. Dr. Stahl?s research focuses on developing and testing lifestyle...
Sarah Stahl, PhD Joins Faculty
Please join us in welcoming Sarah T. Stahl, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry to the Department of Psychiatry faculty. Dr. Stahl earned her PhD in Life-span Developmental Psychology in 2011 from West Virginia University. She completed a postdoctoral fellowship in the Clinical Research Training in Geriatric Psychiatry program (T32) at the University of Pittsburgh prior to her appointment to the Department of...