Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Jacobson SL. Thirteen Reasons why to be concerned about 13 Reasons Why. The Brown University Child and Adolescent Behavior Letter. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. May 2017.
- Horner MS, Keener MT, Strandberg G, Jacobson SL, Glick RM. Integrative Medicine and Psychiatry, in The Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry, (US Edition). Eds. Kupfer, Horner, Brent, Lewis, Reynolds, Thase and Travis. Oxford University Press. New York, 2008.
- Jacobson MJ, Jacobson SJ, Thase ME. Bipolar Disorders, in The Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry, (US Edition). Eds. Kupfer, Horner, Brent, Lewis, Reynolds, Thase and Travis. Oxford University Press. New York, 2008.
- Jacobson MJ, Jacobson SJ, Thase ME. Depressive Disorders, in The Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry, (US Edition). Eds. Kupfer, Horner, Brent, Lewis, Reynolds, Thase and Travis. Oxford University Press. New York, 2008.
- Penner AE, Lundblad W, Azzam PN, Gopalan P, Jacobson SL, Travis MJ. Assessing Career Outcomes of a Resident Academic Administrator, Clinician Educator Track: A Seven Year Follow-up. Acad Psychiatry. 2017 Apr;41(2):278-281. PMID: 27142839.
- Jacobson SL, Travis MJ, Solai L, MacPhee E, Reynolds CF 3rd, Ryan ND, Roth LH, Kupfer DJ. Preparing the Next Generation of Leaders in Clinician-Education and Academic Administration. Acad Psychiatry. 2010 May-Jun;34(3):224-8. PMID: 20431105.
Sansea Jacobson, MD Elected Co-Chair of AACAP Training and Education Committee
Congratulations to Sansea Jacobson, MD on her election as Co-Chair of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) Training and Education Committee. This committee of 13 national leaders, in collaboration with the AACAP Alliance for Learning and Innovation (AALI), is charged with the task of creating and promoting high-quality, innovative educational resources and initiatives to support learners...
AAMC MERC Program
Department of Psychiatry Faculty Selected to Participate in Highly Competitive AAMC Medical Education Certificate Program Three members of the Department of Psychiatry faculty have been selected from a large pool of applicants to participate in the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) Medical Education Certificate (MERC) Program. The MERC program aims to help medical education leaders to learn research s...
Sansea Jacobson, MD
Sansea Jacobson, MD Appointed as New Director Of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Training Program Please join us in welcoming Sansea L. Jacobson, MD as the Director of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Training at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic (WPIC) at UPMC. Prior to her appointment, Dr. Jacobson served as the Associate Director of the program. She also serves as the Director of the Triple...