Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Tumuluru RV, Corbett-Dick P, Aman MG, Smith T Arnold LE, Pan X, Buchan-Page KA, Brown NV, Ryan MM, Hyman SL, Hellings J, Williams C, Hollway JA, Lecavalier L Rice, Jr RR, McAuliffe-Bellin S, Handen BL. Adverse events of atomoxetine in a double blind placebo controlled study in children with autism . Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology. (In press).
- Lao PJ, Handen BL, Betthauser TJ, Mihaila I, Hartley SL, Cohen AD, Tudorascu DL, Bulova PD, Lopresti BJ, Tumuluru RV, Murali D, Mathis CA, Barnhart TE, Stone CK, Price JC, Devenny DA, Mailick MR, Klunk WE, Johnson SC, Christian BT. Longitudinal changes in amyloid PET and volumetric MRI in the non-demented Down syndrome population. Alzheimers & Dementia: Diagnosis, Assessment & Disease Monitoring. In press.
- Handen BL, Aman MG, Arnold LE, Hyman SL, Tumuluru RV, Lecavalier L, Corbett-Dick P, Pan X, Hollway JA, Buchan-Page KA, Silverman LB, Brown NV, Rice Jr, RR, Hellings J, Mruzek DW, McAuliffe-Bellin S, Hurt EA, Ryan MM, Levato L, Smith T. Atomoxetine, parent training, and their combination in children with autism spectrum and ADHD. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2015 Nov; 54(11):905-15. doi: 10.1016/j.jaac.2015.08.013.PMID:26506581.
- Kovacs M, Sherrill J, George CJ, Pollock M, Tumuluru RV, Ho V. Contextual Emotion-Regulation Therapy for Childhood Depression: Description and Pilot Testing of a New Intervention. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2006 Aug; 45(8):892-903.
- Tumuluru RV, Weller EB, Fristad MA, Weller, RA. Mania in six preschool children. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, 2003; 13(4):489-94.
New Funding from the Beckwith Institute: Clinical Interventions for Children and Adolescents Experiencing Psychiatric Disorders
For Department of Psychiatry clinical faculty and trainees, one of the most rewarding aspects of providing behavioral health care at UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH) is the opportunity to develop innovative clinical interventions. Two projects, recently funded by The Beckwith Institute’s Frontline Innovation Program, aim to help young people experiencing psychiatric disorders. Phone-based Intervention for...
The Mindfulness, Healing and Wellness Garden Helps Children and Adolescents Manage Emotions
Dr. Rameshwari V. Tumuluru, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, is Medical Director of the Adolescent Acute Partial Hospitalization Program (AAPHP) at UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH), as well as the afterschool Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). She has devoted her career to community-based care for children and adolescents. In 2017, Dr. Tumuluru received a grant from The Beckwith Institute to create an on...
Rameshwari Tumuluru, MD Promoted to Associate Professor by Pitt School of Medicine
Rameshwari Tumuluru, MD was instrumental in developing and is Medical Director of Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic’s (WPIC’s) Adolescent Acute Partial Hospitalization Program (AAPHP), as well as the program’s Afterschool Intensive Outpatient Program. She pioneered the Virtual School Consultation Initiative, which facilitates maintaining contact with patients’ schools during treatment. Dr. Tumuluru also is...
Dr. Rameshwari Tumuluru Receives the 2018 Outstanding Academician Award from the Indo-American Psychiatric Association
The Indo-American Psychiatric Association (IAPA) has selected Rameshwari Tumuluru, MD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, to receive its 2018 Outstanding Academician Award. She will receive the award at the organization’s annual scientific/business meeting to be held May 5, just prior to the American Psychiatry Association meeting in New York City. At the meeting, Dr. Tumuluru also will present a talk on the...