Education & Training
- Silk JS, Tan PZ, Ladouceur CD, Meller S, Siegle GJ, McMakin DL, Forbes EE, Dahl RE, Kendall PC, Mannarino A, Ryan ND. A Randomized Clinical Trial Comparing Individual Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Child-Centered Therapy for Child Anxiety Disorders. J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2016 Mar 16:1-13. PMID:26983904
- Posada JD, Barda AJ, Xue D, Ruiz V, Ryan ND, Tsui FR. Predictive modeling for classification of positive valence system symptom severity from initial psychiatric evaluation records. J Biomed Inform. 2017 May 29. doi: 10.1016/j.jbi.2017.05.019.
- Ryan ND, Kim JW, Leventhal BL. What To Do When It Is not so Clear What To Do: New Opportunities for Studies. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2012 Dec;22(6):463-5. doi: 10.1089/cap.2012.2262. PMID:23234590
- Kim J, Sharma V, Ryan ND. Predicting methylphenidate response in ADHD using machine learning approaches. The international journal of neuropsychopharmacology. 2015. May 10; 18(11) DOI: 10.1093/ijnp/pyv052
- Forbes EE, Phillips ML, Silk JS, Ryan ND, Dahl RE. Neural systems of threat processing in adolescents: role of pubertal maturation and relation to measures of negative affect. Dev Neuropsychol. 2011 May;36(4):429-52. PMID: 21516542
- Saunders J, Gopalan P, Puri N, Azzam PN, Zhou L, Ghinassi F, Jain A, Travis M, Ryan ND. Psychosomatic Medicine for Non-Psychiatric Residents: Video Educationand Incorporation of Technology. Acad Psychiatry. 2015 Dec;39(6):649-53. doi:10.1007/s40596-015-0311-3. Epub 2015 Mar 31. PubMed PMID: 25825227.
- Jacobson SL, Travis MJ, Solai L, MacPhee E, Reynolds CF 3rd, Ryan ND, Roth LH, Kupfer DJ. Preparing the next generation of leaders in clinician-education andacademic administration. Acad Psychiatry. 2010 May-Jun;34(3):224-8. doi:10.1176/appi.ap.34.3.224. PubMed PMID: 20431105.
- Gilbert AR, Tew JD Jr, Reynolds CF 3rd, Pincus HA, Ryan N, Nash K, Kupfer DJ. A developmental model for enhancing research training during psychiatry residency. Acad Psychiatry. 2006 Jan-Feb;30(1):55-62. PubMed PMID: 16473996.
- Reynolds CF 3rd, Martin C, Brent D, Ryan N, Dahl RE, Pilkonis P, Marcus MD, Kupfer DJ. Postdoctoral clinical-research training in psychiatry: A model for teaching grant writing and other research survival skills and for increasingclarity of mentoring expectations. Acad Psychiatry. 1998 Sep;22(3):190-6. doi:10.1901/jaba.1998.22-190. PubMed PMID: 19617924; PubMed Central PMCID:PMC2711541.
Findings by Dr. Cecile D. Ladouceur et al. Indicate that Error-Related Negativity (ERN) Amplitude in Pediatric Anxiety Disorders Remains Elevated Following Treatment
Pediatric anxiety disorders begin in childhood or early adolescence and frequently lead to other psychiatric disorders in adulthood, including anxiety disorders and depression. Anxiety disorders are associated with an overactive action monitoring system, as indexed by a larger event-related potential named the error-related negativity (ERN). This leads researchers to hypothesize that it could represent a potential...
K-SADS Becomes One of the Most Widely Used Diagnostic Tools in Research and Clinical Care and Is An Example of How Our Researchers Have Contributed to Improving Assessment of Mental Health Disorders
One of the most significant contributions to the field by Department of Psychiatry investigators is the development and testing of diagnostic tools for research and clinical practice. Assessment of children and adolescents can present unique challenges. For example, mood symptoms are more challenging to evaluate in children than in adults. In 1978 the late Joachim Puig-Antich, MD, a distinguished researcher and...
Hot Publication - Price et al.
From Anxious Youth to Depressed Adolescents: Prospective Prediction of 2-Year Depression Symptoms via Attentional Bias Measures Price RB, Rosen D, Siegle GJ, Ladouceur CD, Tang K, Allen KB, Ryan ND, Dahl RE, Forbes EE and Silk JS. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 2015, Published Online Anxious youth are at heightened risk for subsequent development of depression. However, little is known regarding which anxious...
Hot Publication - Hafeman et al.
Phenomenology of Bipolar Disorder Not Otherwise Specified in Youth: A Comparison of Clinical Characteristics across the Spectrum of Manic Symptoms Hafeman D, Axelson D, Demeter C, Findling RL, Fristad MA, Kowatch RA, Youngstrom EA, Horwitz SM, Arnold LE, Frazier TW, Ryan N, Gill MK, Hauser-Harrington JC, Depew J, Rowles BM, Birmaher B Bipolar Disorders, 2013, 15(3):240-252 In the field of child and adolescent...