Education & Training
University of Pittsburgh, School of Arts and Sciences Clinical Psychology
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMCClinical Psychology
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMCPsychology
University of PittsburghClinical Psychology
Licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Psychology
Co-Director, Clinical Psychology Internship and Postdoctoral Training Program
Fellow, Society of Behavioral Medicine
Fellow, The Obesity Society
Member, Executive Committee, Academy of Psychological Clinical Science
Member, Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
Selected Honors & Awards
Best Abstract, Women's Health, Society of Behavioral Medicine
Junior Scholar Award for Biobehavioral Health Research, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
Perinatal women's health behaviors; Obesity and eating Behavior; Women's smoking behaviorSelected Research Publications & Products
- Kolko RP,* Emery RL, Marcus MD & Levine MD. Loss of control over eating prior to and during early pregnancy among community women with overweight and obesity. Int J Eat Disord. In Press.
- Emery RL* & Levine MD. The relative contribution of personality and behavioral task measures of impulsivity in predicting body mass index: A comprehensive meta-analysis. Psych Bull. In Press.
- Levine MD, Cheng Y, Marcus MD & Emery RL. Psychiatric disorders and gestational weight gain among women who quit smoking during pregnancy J Psychosom Res. 2015; 78(5):504-8. PMCID: PMC4380755
- Levine MD, Cheng Y, Marcus MD, Kalarchian MA, Emery RL. Preventing postpartum smoking relapse: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Intern Med. 2016;176:443-52. PMID:26998789.
- Levine MD, Bush T, Magnusson B, Cheng Y, Chen X. Smoking-related weight concerns and obesity: Differences among normal weight, overweight and obese smokers using a telephone tobacco quitline. Nicotine Tob Res. 2013; 15:1136-1140. PMCID: PMC3693501
Obesity; Disordered eating; Women's mental healthSelected Clinical Publications & Products
- 74.Emery RL*, Grace JL, Kolko RP, Levine MD. Adapting the Eating Disorder Examination for use during pregnancy: preliminary results from a community sample of women with overweight and obesity. Int J Eat Disord. In Press.
- Perkins KA, Conklin CA, Levine MD. Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Smoking Cessation: A Practical Guidebook to the Most Effective Treatments. New York: Taylor & Francis; 2007.
- Marcus MD, Levine MD. Obese patients with binge eating disorder. In: Goldstein DJ, ed. The Management of Eating Disorders and Obesity, Second Edition. New Jersey: Humana Press Inc; 2004.
Training clinical psychologists and scientists; Clinical trials methodology; Obesity and eating behavior