Meredith L Wallace, PhD
Education & Training
- Wallace ML, McMakin DL, Tan PZ, Rosen D, Forbes EE, Ladouceur CD, Ryan ND, Siegle GJ, Dahl RE, Kendall PC, Mannarino A (2017). The role of day-to-day emotions, sleep, and social interactions in pediatric anxiety treatment. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 2017 March;90:87-95. doi: 10.1016/j.brat.2016.12.012.
- Wallace ML, Buysse DJ, Germain A, Hall MH, Iyengar S. Variable Selection for Skewed Model-Based Clustering: Application to the Identification of Novel Sleep Phenotypes. Journal of the American Statistical Association. 2017 Jun; Epub Ahead of Print. doi: 10.1080/01621459.2017.1330202.
- Wallace ML, Simsek B, Kupfer DJ, Swartz HA, Fagiolini A, Frank E. An approach to revealing clinically relevant subgroups across the mood spectrum. Journal of Affective Disorders 2016 Oct 203: 265-274. doi: 10.1016/j.jad.2016.06.019.
- Wallace ML. Time-dependent tree-structured survival analysis with unbiased variable selection through permutation tests. Statistics in Medicine, 2014 Nov 30; 33(27):4790-804. doi: 10.1002/sim.6261. PMCID: PMC4286195.
- Wallace ML, Frank E, Kraemer HC. A novel approach for developing and interpreting treatment moderator profiles. JAMA Psychiatry. 2013 Nov;70(11):1241-7. doi: 10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2013.1960. PMCID: PMC24048258
Findings by Dr. Meredith Wallace et al. Show that Lower Sleep-Wake Rhythmicity and Lower Sleep Continuity Pose Risk for Mortality in Older Men
Most studies use individual sleep characteristics to predict health outcomes. However, a recent paradigmatic shift in sleep research has led investigators to study sleep through a “sleep health” framework. Within this framework, sleep is viewed as a multidimensional pattern of sleep-wakefulness that promotes physical and mental well-being and is characterized along multiple domains including duration, continuity,...
Hot Publication - Frank et al.
An Integrated Risk Reduction Intervention Can Reduce Body Mass Index in Individuals Being Treated for Bipolar I Disorder: Results from a Randomized Trial Frank E, Wallace ML, Hall M, Hasler B, Levenson JC, Janney CA, Soreca I, Fleming MC, Buttenfield J, Ritchey FC and Kupfer DJ Bipolar Disorders, Published online December 12, 2014 Bipolar disorder is a chronic disease that is associated with a potentially...
Career Development Awards are an Important Step in Transition to Next Phase of Research Careers
The Department of Psychiatry is a model of success for K awardees. The Department's successful funding rate for federal career development (K) awards is twice the national average, and typically 30-40 funded K awards are active at any given time. The keys to this success include the research environment, the generous availability of existing research funding, an outstanding collection of mentors, and very strong...
Hot Publication - Wallace et al.
A Novel Approach for Developing and Interpreting Treatment Moderator Profiles in Randomized Clinical Trials Wallace ML, Frank E, and Kraemer HC Mental health practitioners need better methods for personalizing treatment selection for individual patients. In the treatment of depression, for example, initial treatments may succeed as infrequently as one-third of the time, with additional treatments increasing the...