Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Bylsma, L.M., Yaroslavsky, I., Rottenberg, J. Kiss, E., Kapornai, K., Halas, K, Dochnal, R., Benak, I, Baji, I., Vetro, A. & Kovacs, M. (2016). Familiality of mood repair responses among youth with and without histories of depression. Cognition & Emotion, 30, 807-816. PMID: 25849259.
- Bylsma, L.M., Yaroslavsky, I., Jennings, J.R., Rottenberg, J., Baji, I., Benak, I, Dochnal, R., Halas, K, Kapornai, K., Kiss, E., Osyath, V., Varga, H., & Kovacs, M. (2015). Deficits in autonomic balance to a psychological and physical challenge in youth with a history of childhood onset depression. Biological Psychology, 110, 167-174. PMID: 26225465
- Bylsma, L. M., Clift, A., & Rottenberg, J. (2011). Emotional reactivity to life events in major and minor depression. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 120, 155-167. PMID: 21319928.
- Bylsma, L. M., Salomon, K., Taylor-Clift, A., Morris, B. H., and Rottenberg, J. (2014). Respiratory Sinus Arrhythmia Reactivity in Current and Remitted Major Depressive Disorder. Psychosomatic Medicine, 76, 66-73. PMID: 24367127.
- Bylsma, L. M., Mauss, I. B., & Rottenberg, J. (2016). Is the Divide a Chasm? Bridging Affective Science with Clinical Practice. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 38, 42-47. PMID: 27524858.
Lauren Bylsma Receives Early Career Award from Society for Psychophysiological Research
The Department of Psychiatry is pleased to announce that Lauren Bylsma, PhD , has received a Distinguished Scientific Award for an Early Career Contribution to Psychophysiology from the Society for Psychophysiological Research (SPR) . Dr. Bylsma received this prestigious award at the Society’s annual meeting in Washington, DC (September 25–29, 2019), where she also delivered the Early Career Award Address, “A...
Findings by Dr. Cecile Ladouceur et al. Indicate that Error-Related Negativity (ERN) Amplitude in Pediatric Anxiety Disorders Remains Elevated Following Treatment
Pediatric anxiety disorders begin in childhood or early adolescence and frequently lead to other psychiatric disorders in adulthood, including anxiety disorders and depression. Anxiety disorders are associated with an overactive action monitoring system, as indexed by a larger event-related potential named the error-related negativity (ERN). This leads researchers to hypothesize that it could represent a potential...
Hot Publication - Bylsma et al.
Juvenile onset depression alters cardiac autonomic balance in response to psychological and physical challenges Bylsma LM, Yaroslavsky I, Rottenberg J, Jennings JR, George CJ, Kiss E, Kapornai K, Halas K, Dochnal R, Lefkovics E, Benák I, Baji I, Vetró A and Kovacs M Biological Psychology, 110:167-174, 2015 Cardiac autonomic balance (CAB) indexes the ratio of parasympathetic to sympathetic activation, and is...
New Faculty - Lauren Bylsma, PhD
Lauren M. Bylsma, PhD Welcomed to Department of Psychiatry Faculty The Department of Psychiatry is pleased to welcome Lauren Bylsma, PhD to its faculty. Dr. Bylsma earned her BA in Psychology in 2003 and an MA in Liberal Arts in 2005 from the University of Pennsylvania. After working in for two years at Penn?s Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, she went on to obtain an MA (2008) and PhD (2012) in Clinical...