Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Sorger, B., Scharnowski, F., Linden, DEJ., Hampson, M., Young, KD.(2019). Control freaks: Towards optimal selection of control conditions for fMRI neurofeedback studies. NeuroImage 186:256-265.
- Young, KD, Siegle, GJ., Zotev, V., Phillips, R., Misaki, M., Yuan, H., Drevets, WC., Bodurka, J. (2017). Randomized clinical trial of real-time fMRI amygdala neurofeedback for major depressive disorder: Effects on symptoms and autobiographical memory recall. American Journal of Psychiatry. Apr 14. doi: 10.1176/appi.ajp.2017.16060637.
- Young, KD., Misaki, M., Harmer, CJ., Victor, T., Zotev, V., Phillips, R., Siegle, GJ., Drevets, WC., Bodurka, J. (2017). Real-Time fMRI Amygdala Neurofeedback Changes Positive Information Processing in Major Depressive Disorder. Biological Psychiatry. Mar 28. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2017.03.013.
- Young, KD., Siegle, G., Bodurka, K., Drevets, WC. (2016) Amygdala activity during autobiographical memory recall in depressed and vulnerable individuals; Association with symptom severity and autobiographical overgenerality. American Journal of Psychiatry 173:78-89.
- Young, KD., Drevets, WC., Dantzer, R., Teague, KT., Bodurka, J., Savitz, JS. (2016). Kynurenine Pathway Metabolites are Associated with Hippocampal Activity during Autobiographical Memory Recall in Patients with Depression. Brain Behavior and Immunity 56:335-342.
Hot Publication - Young et al.
Randomized Clinical Trial of Real-Time fMRI Amygdala Neurofeedback for Major Depressive Disorder: Effects on Symptoms and Autobiographical Memory Recall Young KD, Siegle GJ, Zotev V, Phillips R, Misaki M, Yuan H, Drevets WC, and Bodurka J American Journal of Psychiatry, published online 2017 Findings by Dr. Kymberly Young show that real-time functional MRI neurofeedback (rtfMRI-nf) training to increase the amygdala...
Hot Publication - Young et al.
Amygdala activity during autobiographical recall in depressed and vulnerable individuals: Association with symptom severity and autobiographical overgenerality Young KD, Siegle GJ, Bodurka J and Drevets WC American Journal of Psychiatry, 173:78-89, 2016 In healthy individuals, autobiographical memory recall is biased toward positive and away from negative events, while the opposite is found in depressed individuals...
Department of Psychiatry Welcomes New Research Faculty to Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh and our Department of Psychiatry are attracting talented scientists from around the country. Our Department has earned a reputation as a leader in basic science and translational research focusing on mental health disorders. With the recent addition of four talented early career scientists, the Department continues to expand its research in these important areas. Fabio Ferrarelli, MD, PhD Assistant...
New Faculty - Kymberly Young, PhD
Please join us in welcoming Kymberly Young, PhD as the newest member of the Department of Psychiatry faculty. A talented clinical neuroscientist, Dr. Young?s research focuses on investigating the deficits in autobiographical memory recall in depression and related conditions, and developing therapeutic applications that utilize and target autobiographical memory recall. Her most recent work has involved training...