Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Changes in cognitive performance are associated with changes in sleep in older adults with insomnia. KA Wilckens, MH Hall, RD Nebes, TH Monk, and DJ Buysse. (2016) Behavioral Sleep Medicine, 14(3):295-310.
- Physical activity and cognition: a mediating role of efficient sleep. KA Wilckens, KI Erickson, and ME Wheeler. (2016) Behavioral Sleep Medicine, 1-18, Epub online Dec. 9, 2016
- The role of non-rapid eye movement slow-wave activity in prefrontal metabolism across young and middle-aged adults. KA Wilckens, HJ Aizenstein, EA Nofzinger, JA James, BP Hasler, BL Rosario-Rivera, PL Franzen, A Germain, MH Hall, DJ Kupfer, JC Price, GJ Siegle, and DJ Buysse. (2016) Journal of Sleep Research, 25(3), 296-306.
- Role of sleep continuity and total sleep time in executive function across the adult lifespan. KA Wilckens, SG Woo, AR Kirk, KI Erickson, and ME Wheeler (2014) Psychology and Aging, 29(3), 658-665.
- Age-related decline in controlled retrieval: the role of the PFC and sleep. KA Wilckens, KI Erickson, and ME Wheeler (2012) Neural Plasticity, Epub Aug. 28, 2012
Hot Publication - Wilckens et al.
The role of non-rapid eye movement slow wave activity in prefrontal metabolism across young and middle-aged adults Wilckens KA, Aizenstein HJ, Nofzinger EA, James JA, Hasler BP, Rosario-Rivera BL, Franzen PL, Germain A, Hall MH, Kupfer DJ, Price JC, Siegle GJ and Buysse DJ Journal of Sleep Research, 25:296?306 (2016) Slow-wave sleep is a marker for cortical reorganization, particularly within the prefrontal cortex,...
New Faculty - Dr. Kristine Wilckens
The Department of Psychiatry is pleased to welcome Kristine Wilckens, PhD to its faculty. After earning a Master?s Degree in Psychology from New York University, Dr. Wilckens attended the University of Pittsburgh, where she participated in the predoctoral training program in Behavioral Brain Research and earned a PhD in Cognitive Psychology in 2012. As a postdoctoral scholar in the Clinical and Translational Resear...