Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Blair, K, Denham, S, Kochanoff, A, Whipple, B. Playing it cool: Temperament, emotion regulation, and social behavior in preschoolers. J School Psychol 2004; 42: 419-443.
- Denham, S, Blair, K, DeMulder, E, Levitas, J, Sawyer, K, Auerbach-Major, S, Queenan, P. Preschool emotional competence: Pathway to social competence? Child Dev 2003; 74: 238-256.
- Denham, S, Caverly, S, Schmidt, M, Blair, K, DeMulder, E, Caal, S, Hamada, H, & Mason, T. Preschool Boys and Girls Understanding of Emotions: Contributions to Classroom Anger and Aggression. J Child Psychol Psyc 2002; 43: 901-916
- Denham, S, Blair, K, Schmidt, M, DeMulder, E. Compromised emotional competence: Seeds of violence sown early? Am J Orthopsychiat 2002; 72: 70-82.
- Sawyer, K, Denham, S, DeMulder, E, Blair, K, Auerbach-Major, S, Mitchell, J. The contribution of older siblings reactions to emotions to preschoolers emotional and social competence. Marriage Fam Rev 2002; 34: 183-212.
- Blair, KA. How can professionals forecast and plan for early school success? In: Bagnato, SJ, Neisworth, J, editors. Assessment for early intervention: Best practices for professionals, 2nd edition. New York: Guilford; 2007.
- Blair, KA, Kachmar, SP. Physical, Cognitive, and Socio-emotional Lifespan Development. In: Gregoire, J, Junger, C, editors. Counselor's Companion: Handbook for Professional Helpers. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum. 2006.
- Kachmar, SP, Blair, KA. Counseling across the lifespan. In: Gregoire, J, Junger, C, editors. Counselor's Companion: Handbook for Professional Helpers. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum; 2006.
Dr. Blair Promoted
The Department of Psychiatry is pleased to announce the promotion of Kimberly Blair, PhD to the rank of Associate Professor of Psychiatry. Dr. Blair is an accomplished clinician educator who has dedicated her career to providing quality care, enhancing access to care, and promoting evidence-based treatments in clinical services. She earned her PhD in applied developmental psychology from George Mason University and...
2016 HAP Awards
Each year the Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) recognizes the most innovative Pennsylvania hospitals through its annual Achievement Awards program. This year, a panel representing public and private sectors, health care and business organizations, and for-profit and nonprofit entities selected two programs at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC (WPIC) from 121 entries for...