Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Suffoletto B, Kristan J, Chung T, Jeong K, Fabio A, Monti P, Clark DB. An interactive text message intervention to reduce binge drinking in young adults: A randomized controlled trial with 9-month outcomes. PLoS One 10(11): e0142877, 1-12, 2015. PMID: 26580802; PMCID: PMC4651466
- Clark DB, Chung T, Pajtek S, Zhai Z, Long E, Hasler B. Neuroimaging methods for adolescent substance use disorder prevention science. Prevention Science 14: 300-309, 2013 [PMID: 23417665; PMCID: PMC3640678; NIHMS447049]
- Clark DB, Cornelius JR, Martin CM: Adolescent-onset substance use disorders predict young adult mortality. Journal of Adolescent Health 42 (6): 637-639, 2008 PMID: 18486875; PMC2730669
- Hasler B, Clark DB. Circadian misalignment, reward-related brain function, and adolescent alcohol involvement. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research 37(4): 558-565, 2013 [PMID: 23360461]
- Clark DB, Thatcher DL, Tapert S: Alcohol, psychological dysregulation and adolescent brain development. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research 32 (3): 375-385, 2008 PMID: 18241320
- Clark DB, Martin CS, Chung T, Gordon AJ, Fiorentino L, Tootell M, Rubio DM. Screening for underage drinking and DSM-5 alcohol use disorder in rural primary care practice. The Journal of Pediatrics 173, 214-220, 2016. PMID: 2705991; PMCID: PMC4884494
- Clark DB. Pharmacotherapy for adolescent alcohol use disorder. CNS Drugs 26(7): 559-569, 2012 [PMID: 22676261]
- Clark DB, Moss HB: Providing alcohol-related screening and brief interventions to adolescents through health care systems: Obstacles and solutions. PLoS Medicine 7(3): 1-4, 2010 [e1000214] [PMID: 20231870; PMC 2834707
- Clark DB, Gordon AJ, Ettaro LE, Owens JM, Moss HB: Screening and brief interventions with underage drinkers. Mayo Clinic Proceedings 85(4): 380-391, 2010 [PMID: 20360296; PMC2848426]
Education InterestsSelected Education Publications & Products
- Clark DB, Fisher CB, Bookheimer S, Brown S, Evans JH, Hopfer C, Hudziak J, Montoya I, Murray M, Pfefferbaum A, Yurgelun-Todd D. Biomedical ethics and clinical oversight in multisite observational neuroimaging studies with children and adolescents: The ABCD experience. Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience (in press) PMID: 28716389
Hot Publication - Clark et al.
Screening for underage drinking and Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition alcohol use disorder in rural primary care practice Clark DB, Martin CS, Chung T, Gordon AJ, Fiorentino L, Tootell M and Rubio DM Journal of Pediatrics, 2016,173:214-220. A study led by Dr. Duncan Clark indicates that a single screening question about drinking frequency in the past year could help doctors identify...
NIH ABCD Grant
A research team in the University of Pittsburgh Department of Psychiatry has been awarded a $5 million grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant to participate in a multi-site study focusing on the impact of adolescent marijuana, alcohol and other drug use on the developing brain. The Adolescent Brain Cognitive Development (ABCD) Study will follow nearly 10,000 nine and 10-year-old children over the...
Duncan B. Clark, MD, PhD Promoted to Professor of Psychiatry by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Please join us in congratulating Duncan B. Clark, MD, PhD, on his promotion to the rank of Professor of Psychiatry with tenure by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. He also holds an appointment in Pharmaceutical Sciences in the School of Pharmacy at the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Clark completed a doctorate degree in Psychology, a clinical internship and postdoctoral training at UCLA. After...