Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Creswell K, Chung T, Clark D, Martin C. Solitary alcohol use in teens is associated with drinking in response to negative affect and predicts alcohol problems in young adulthood. Clinical Psychological Science, 2014, 2(5), 602-610.
- Creswell K, Chung T, Clark D, Martin C. Solitary cannabis use in adolescence as a correlate and predictor of cannabis problems.Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 2015, 156, 120-125.
- Martin C, Chung T, Langenbucher J, Sher K. Truth or Consequences in the Diagnosis of Substance Use Disorders. Addiction, 2014, 109(11), 1773-1778.
- Martin C, Sher K, Chung T. Hazardous Use should not be a Diagnostic Criterion for Substance Use Disorders in DSM-5. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 2011; 72(4), 685-686.
- Martin C, Chung T, Langenbucher J. How should we revise diagnostic criteria for Substance Use Disorders in DSM-5? Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 2008; 117(3), 561-75.
Hot Publication - Clark et al.
Screening for underage drinking and Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition alcohol use disorder in rural primary care practice Clark DB, Martin CS, Chung T, Gordon AJ, Fiorentino L, Tootell M and Rubio DM Journal of Pediatrics, published online A study led by Dr. Duncan Clark indicates that a single screening question about drinking frequency in the past year could help doctors identify...
Faculty Recognized for Research Review Committee Service
An important element of the Department of Psychiatry's unique research infrastructure is the Research Review Committee. The committee is comprised of department faculty representing a broad range of scientific disciplines that review new research proposals and provide valuable feedback for enhancing new grant applications. In recognition of their service on the committee during the 2012-2013 academic year, four mem...
Christopher Martin, PhD Receives UPPDA Postdoctoral Advocate Award
Congratulations to Christopher S. Martin, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology , on his receipt of the 2011 Postdoctoral Advocate Award by the University of Pittsburgh Postdoctoral Association (UPPDA). Since 2004, the UPPDA Executive Board has selected a member of the University of Pittsburgh community who has demonstrated a profound, sustained, or leadership contribution to the Postdoctoral Associ...