Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Murty VP, McKinney RA, DuBrow S, Jalbrzikowski M, Haas GL, Luna B. Differential patterns of contextual organization of memory in first-episode psychosis. NPJ Schizophr. 2018 Feb 15;4(1):3. doi: 10.1038/s41537-018-0046-8. PMID: 29449557; PMCID: PMC5814439.
- Tervo-Clemmens B, Simmonds D, Calabro FJ, Day NL, Richardson GA, Luna B. Adolescent cannabis use and brain systems supporting adult working memory encoding, maintenance, and retrieval. Neuroimage. 2017 Dec 15;169:496-509. doi:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2017.12.041. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 29253654
- Jalbrzikowski M, Larsen B, Hallquist MN, Foran W, Calabro F, Luna B. Development of White Matter Microstructure and Intrinsic Functional Connectivity Between the Amygdala and Ventromedial Prefrontal Cortex: Associations With Anxiety and Depression. Biol Psychiatry. 2017 Jan 17. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 28274468
- Larsen B, Verstynen T, Yeh F, Luna B. Developmental Changes in the Integration of Affective and Cognitive Corticostriatal Pathways are Associated with Reward-Driven Behavior. Cerebral Cortex. Jul 2017. 1-12. doi: 10.1093/cercor/bhx162. PMID:29106535
- Montez DF, Calabro FJ, Luna B. The expression of established cognitive brain states stabilizes with working memory development. Elife. 2017 Aug 19;6. pii:e25606. doi: 10.7554/eLife.25606. PMID: 28826493
Hot Publication - Jalbrzikowski et al.
Development of White Matter Microstructure and Intrinsic Functional Connectivity between the Amygdala and Ventromedial Prefrontal Cortex: Associations with Anxiety and Depression Jalbrzikowski M, Larsen B, Hallquist MN, Forana W, Calabro F and Luna B Biological Psychiatry, Published Online 2017 Connectivity between the amygdala and ventromedial prefrontal cortex (vmPFC) is compromised in multiple psychiatric...
Hot Publication - Luna & Colleagues
The Contribution of Network Organization and Integration to the Development of Cognitive Control Marek S, Hwang K, Foran W, Hallquist WN and Luna BPLOS Biology, Published Online Cognitive control, which continues to mature throughout adolescence, is supported by the ability for well-defined organized brain networks to flexibly integrate information. However, the development of intrinsic brain network organization...
NIH ABCD Grant
A research team in the University of Pittsburgh Department of Psychiatry has been awarded a $5 million grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant to participate in a multi-site study focusing on the impact of adolescent marijuana, alcohol and other drug use on the developing brain. The Adolescent Brain Cognitive Development (ABCD) Study will follow nearly 10,000 nine and 10-year-old children over the...
Hot Publication - Perlman et al.
Functional Near-Infrared Spectroscopy Evidence for Development of Prefrontal Engagement in Working Memory in Early Through Middle Childhood Perlman SB, Huppert TJ and Luna B Cerebral Cortex, 2015, 1-10 The neural underpinnings of working memory are hypothesized to develop incrementally across preschool and early school age, coinciding with the rapid maturation of executive function occurring during this period. In...