Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Luna B, Marek S, Larsen B, Tervo-Clemmens B, Chahal R. An integrative model of the maturation of cognitive control. Annu Rev Neurosci. 2015 Jul 8;38:151-70. PMID: 2615478
- Marek S, Hwang K, Foran W, Hallquist MN, Luna B. The Contribution of Network Organization and Integration to the Development of Cognitive Control. PLoS Biol. 2015 Dec 29;13(12):e1002328. PMID: 26713863
- Jalbrzikowski M, Larsen B, Hallquist MN, Foran W, Calabro F, Luna B. Development of White Matter Microstructure and Intrinsic Functional Connectivity Between the Amygdala and Ventromedial Prefrontal Cortex: Associations With Anxiety and Depression. Biol Psychiatry. 2017 Jan 17. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 28274468
- Simmonds DJ, Hallquist MN, Luna B. Protracted development of executive and mnemonic brain systems underlying working memory in adolescence: a longitudinal fMRI study. Neuroimage. 2017 Apr 26. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 28456583.
- Larsen B, Verstynen TD, Yeh FC Luna B. Developmental Changes in the Integration of Affective and Cognitive Corticostriatal Pathways is Associated with Reward-Driven Behavior. Cereb Cortex. (In Press)
Hot Publication - Jalbrzikowski et al.
Development of White Matter Microstructure and Intrinsic Functional Connectivity between the Amygdala and Ventromedial Prefrontal Cortex: Associations with Anxiety and Depression Jalbrzikowski M, Larsen B, Hallquist MN, Forana W, Calabro F and Luna B Biological Psychiatry, Published Online 2017 Connectivity between the amygdala and ventromedial prefrontal cortex (vmPFC) is compromised in multiple psychiatric...
Hot Publication - Luna & Colleagues
The Contribution of Network Organization and Integration to the Development of Cognitive Control Marek S, Hwang K, Foran W, Hallquist WN and Luna BPLOS Biology, Published Online Cognitive control, which continues to mature throughout adolescence, is supported by the ability for well-defined organized brain networks to flexibly integrate information. However, the development of intrinsic brain network organization...
NIH ABCD Grant
A research team in the University of Pittsburgh Department of Psychiatry has been awarded a $5 million grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant to participate in a multi-site study focusing on the impact of adolescent marijuana, alcohol and other drug use on the developing brain. The Adolescent Brain Cognitive Development (ABCD) Study will follow nearly 10,000 nine and 10-year-old children over the...
Hot Publication - Perlman et al.
Functional Near-Infrared Spectroscopy Evidence for Development of Prefrontal Engagement in Working Memory in Early Through Middle Childhood Perlman SB, Huppert TJ and Luna B Cerebral Cortex, 2015, 1-10 The neural underpinnings of working memory are hypothesized to develop incrementally across preschool and early school age, coinciding with the rapid maturation of executive function occurring during this period. In...