Education & Training
- Chase HW, Kumar P, Eickhoff S, Dombrovski AY. Reinforcement learning models and their neural correlates: an activation likelihood estimation meta-analysis. Cognitive, Affective and Behavioral Neuroscience, 2015 Jun;15(2):435459. PMCID: PMC4437864.
- Dombrovski AY, Szanto K, Clark L, Aizenstein HJ, Chase HW, Reynolds 3rd CF, Siegle, GJ. Corticostriatothalamic Reward Prediction Error Signals and Executive Control in Late-Life Depression. Psychological Medicine, 2015 May; 45(7):14131424. PMCID: PMC4380546.
- Dombrovski AY, Szanto K., Clark L, Reynolds 3rd CF, Siegle, GJ. Reward signals, impulsivity, and attempted suicide in late-life depression. JAMA Psychiatry, 2013 Aug 7
- Dombrovski AY, Szanto K, Siegle GJ, Wallace ML, Forman SD, Sahakian B, Reynolds CF 3rd, Clark L. Lethal forethought: delayed reward discounting differentiates high- and low-lethality suicide attempts in old age. Biol Psychiatry. 2011 Jul;70(2):138-144.
- Dombrovski AY, Clark L, Siegle GJ, Butters M, Ichikawa N, Sahakian B, Szanto K.. Reward/Punishment reversal learning in older suicide attempters. Am J Psychiatry. 2010 Jun:167(6):699-707.
Clinical InterestsSelected Clinical Publications & Products
- Dombrovski AY, Cyranowski JM, Mulsant BH, Houck PR, Buysse DJ, Andreescu C, Thase ME, Mallinger AG, Frank E. Which symptoms predict recurrence of depression in women treated with maintenance interpersonal psychotherapy? Depress Anxiety 2008;25(12):1060-1066
- Dombrovski AY, Lenze EJ, Dew MA, Mulsant BH, Pollock BG, Houck PR, Reynolds CF. Maintenance treatment for old-age depression preserves health-related quality of life: a randomized controlled trial of paroxetine and interpersonal psychotherapy. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2007 Sep;55(9):1325-1332.
- Dombrovski AY, Mulsant BH, Houck PR, Mazumdar S, Lenze EJ, Andreescu C, Cyranowski JM, Reynolds CF. Residual symptoms and recurrence during maintenance treatment of late-life depression. J Affect Disord. 2007 Nov;103(1-3):77-82
- Dombrovski AY, Blakesley-Ball RE, Mulsant BH, Mazumdar S, Houck PR, Szanto K, Reynolds, CF. Speed of improvement in sleep disturbance and anxiety compared to core mood symptoms during acute treatment of depression in old age. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2006 Jun;14(6):550-554
- Dombrovski AY, Mulsant BH, Haskett RF, Prudic J, Begley A, Sackeim H. Predictors of remission after ECT in unipolar major depression. J Clin Psychiatry. 2005 Aug;66(8):1043-1049.
- Dombrovski AY, Hallquist MN. The Decision Neuroscience Perspective on Suicidal Behavior: Evidence and Hypotheses. Current Opinion in Psychiatry, October 14, 2016.
- Dombrovski AY, Mulsant BH. ECT: the preferred treatment for severe depression in late life. International Psychogeriatrics 19(1):10-14, Published online by Cambridge University Press 13 Dec 2006.
- Dombrovski AY, Szanto K. Prevention of suicide in the elderly. Annals of Long-Term Care: Clinical Care and Aging; 13(11), 2005
- Dombrovski AY, Rosenstock J. Bridging general medicine and psychiatry: providing general medical and preventive care for the severely mentally ill. Current Opinion in Psychiatry 17(6):523-529, November 2004.
Drs. Susanne Ahmari and Alexandre Dombrovski Elected to the American Society of Clinical Investigators
Susanne E. Ahmari, MD, PhD and Alexandre Dombrovski, MD have been elected to the membership of the American Society of Clinical Investigators (ASCI). The Society, one of the nation’s oldest and most respected medical honor societies, is comprised of young physician-scientists from all medical specialties. Members are elected for their outstanding records of scholarly achievement in biomedical research. Dr. Ahmari i...
First Time R01 Recipients Embark on Next Phase of Their Careers
The receipt of a researcher's first R01 grant is an important milestone in their career as an independent scientist. Six investigators in the Department of Psychiatry, who recently completed NIH-funded mentored career development K grants, have successfully transitioned to their first R01 awards. These individuals, are representative of the many, next-generation scientists who are conducting innovative and exciting...
Hot Publication - Dombrovski et al.
Corticostriatothalamic Reward Prediction Error Signals and Executive Control in Late-Life Depression Dombrovski AY, Szanto K, Clark L, Aizenstein HJ, Chase HW, Reynolds CF and Siegle GJ Psychological Medicine, Published Online The vascular depression hypothesis posits that prefrontal disconnection by vascular lesions causes depression and executive dysfunction. In a study recently published in Psychological Medicin...
Hot Publication - Dombrovski et al.
Reward Signals, Attempted Suicide, and Impulsivity in Late-Life Depression Dombrovski AY, Szanto K, Clark L, Reynolds CF, and Siegle GJ Suicidal behavior is heterogeneous and we know little about the many pathways that lead to it. In a recent article appearing in JAMA Psychiatry, Alex Dombrovski and his colleagues investigated changes in brain signals that may contribute to bad decisions in older suicidal patients....