Education & Training
- Soehner AM, Kaplan KA, Saletin J, Talbot LS, Gruber J, Hairston IS, Eidelman P, Walker MP, Harvey AG. You'll feel better in the morning: Slow wave activity and overnight mood regulation in interepisode bipolar disorder. Psychol Med. In Press.
- Soehner AM, Bertocci, MA, Manelis A, Bebko G, Ladouceur CD, Graur S, Monk K, Bonar LK, Hickey MB, Axelson D, Goldstein BI, Goldstein TR, Birmaher B, Phillips ML. Preliminary investigation of the relationships between sleep duration, reward circuitry function, and mood dysregulation in youth offspring of parents with bipolar disorder. J Affect Disord. 2016 Jul 1;205:144-153.
- Soehner AM, Kaplan KA, Harvey AG. Prevalence and clinical correlates of co-occurring insomnia and hypersomnia symptoms in depression. J Affect Disord. 2014;167:93-7.
- Soehner AM, Harvey AG. Prevalence and functional consequences of severe insomnia symptoms in mood and anxiety disorders: results from a nationally representative sample. Sleep. 2012 Oct 1;35(10):1367-75.
- Harvey AG, Murray G, Chandler RA, Soehner A. Sleep disturbance as transdiagnostic: consideration of neurobiological mechanisms. Clin Psychol Rev. 2011 Mar;31(2):225-35.
- Blanger L, Harvey AG, Talbot L, Eidelman P, Beaulieu-Bonneau S, Fortier-Brochu , Ivers H, Lamy M, Hein K, Soehner AM, Mrette C, Morin CM. Impact of Comorbid Anxiety and Depressive Disorders on Treatment Response to Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Insomnia. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2016 Aug; 84(8):659-67.
- Buysse DJ, Soehner A, Abbott S, Kapur VK, Mahowald MW, Parker KP, Redline S, Schenck CH, Zee PC. Psychiatry. 4th ed. Chichester( UK): John Wiley & Sons, Ltd; 2015. Chapter 66, Sleep and SleepWake Disorders; p.1264-1310.
- Harvey AG, Soehner AM, Kaplan KA, Hein K, Lee J, Kanady J, Li D, Rabe-Hesketh S, Ketter TA, Neylan TC, Buysse DJ. Treating insomnia improves mood state, sleep, and functioning in bipolar disorder: a pilot randomized controlled trial. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2015;83(3):564-77.
- Harvey AG, Kaplan KA, Soehner A. Interventions for sleep disturbance in bipolar disorder. Sleep Med Clin. 2015 Mar 1;10(1):101-105.
- Harvey AG, Blanger L, Talbot L, Eidelman P, Beaulieu-Bonneau S, Fortier-Brochu , Ivers H, Lamy M, Hein K, Soehner AM, Mrette C, Morin CM. Comparative efficacy of behavior therapy, cognitive therapy, and cognitive behavior therapy for chronic insomnia: a randomized controlled trial. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2014 Aug;82(4):670-83.
Now in Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry: Sleep Disturbances & Increasing Psychiatric Symptoms in High-Risk Youth
Major psychiatric disorders often arise during childhood and adolescence, especially among children whose parents have a psychiatric illness. Sleep patterns also shift substantially during the transition from childhood to adolescence. Sleep disturbances, often associated with most forms of psychopathology, have been identified as a promising behavioral intervention target to help treat young people with psychiatric...
Dr. Adriane Soehner Receives Klingenstein Third Generation Foundation Fellowship
Adriane Soehner, PhD , Assistant Professor, has been selected to receive a Klingenstein Third Generation Foundation Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Depression. The highly competitive awards are given to outstanding postdoctoral researchers or junior faculty in the United States who have demonstrated independent research ability potential and who are planning a career in research related to child and adolescent...
Hot Publication - Buysse & Colleagues
Sleep-Wake differences in relative regional cerebral metabolic rate for glucose among patients with insomnia compared with good sleepers Kay DB, Karim HT, Soehner AM, Hasler BP, Wilckens KA, James JA, Aizenstein HJ, Price JC, Rosario BL, Kupfer DJ, Germain A, Hall MH, Franzen PL, Nofzinger EA and Buysse DJ SLEEP 2016, 39:1779-1794 The neurobiological mechanisms of insomnia may involve altered patterns of activation...
Department of Psychiatry Welcomes Talented New Researchers to Its Faculty
The Department of Psychiatry is well known as a leader in research examining the causes of mental health disorders and the development of innovative diagnostic and treatment methods to improve the lives of people living with these disorders. The recent appointment of four new research faculty has contributed to that reputation in the field and expanded the Department's research activities focusing on the brain and...