Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Myaskovsky L, Kendall K, Li X, Chang CCH, Pleis JR, Croswell E, Ford CG, Switzer GE, Langone A, Mittal-Henkle A, Saha S, Thomas CP, Flohr JA, Ramkumar M, Dew MA (2019). Unexpected race and ethnicity differences in the U.S. national Veterans Affairs Kidney Transplant Program. Transplantation, 103(12), 2701-2714. PMCID: PMC6937592
- Dew MA, Garand L (2019). Beyond cross-sectional snapshots: Charting the course of burden in caregivers of family members with mild cognitive impairment. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 27(11), 1216-1218. PMID: 31320245
- Rosenberger EM, DeVito Dabbs AJ, DiMartini AF, Landsittel DP, Pilewski JM, Dew MA (2017). Long-term follow-up of a randomized controlled trial evaluating a mobile health intervention for self-management in lung transplantation recipients. American Journal of Transplantation, 17(5), 1286-1293. PMCID: PMC5365382
- Dew MA, Butt Z, Humar A, DiMartini AF (2017). Long-term medical and psychosocial outcomes in living liver donors. American Journal of Transplantation, 17(4), 880-892. PMID: 27862972.
- Dew MA, DiMartini AF, Ladner DP, Simpson MA, Pomfret EA, Gillespie BW, Merion RM, Zee J, Smith AR, Holtzman S, Sherker AH, Weinrieb R, Fisher RA, Emond JC, Freise CE, Burton JR Jr., Butt Z (2016). Psychosocial outcomes 3 to 10 years after donation in the Adult to Adult Donor Liver Transplantation Cohort Study (A2ALL). Transplantation, 100(6), 1257-1269. PMCID: PMC4874865
Clinical InterestsSelected Clinical Publications & Products
- Nevins TE, Nickerson PW, Dew MA (2017). Understanding medication nonadherence after kidney transplant. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, 28(8), 2290-2301. PMCID: PMC5533244.
- DiMartini AF, Dew MA, Crone C (2017). Organ transplantation. In: BJ Sadock, VA Sadock, P Ruiz (Eds.), Kaplan and Sadocks Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry, 10th ed. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer.
- Zimbrean P, Crone C, Sher Y, Dew MA, DiMartini A (2016). Transplant psychiatry, Part 2: Psychiatric care of organ donors and recipients, 33(10), October 25, pp. 24F-24H. http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/comorbidity-psychiatry/transplant-psychiatry-psychiatric-care-of-organ-donors-and-recipients
- Zimbrean P, Crone C, Sher Y, Dew MA, DiMartini A (2016). Transplant psychiatry, Part 1: An Introduction. Psychiatric Times, 33(9), September 28, pp. 40A-40C. http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/comorbidity-psychiatry/transplant-psychiatry-introduction-part-1
- DiMartini AF, Pozluszny DM, DAlmeida T, Dew MA (2015). Organ transplantation. In: KD Ackerman, AF DiMartini (Eds.), Psychosomatic Medicine: Pittsburgh pocket psychiatry series, pp. 379-397. NY: Oxford University Press.
Dr. Mary Amanda Dew Honored with 2019 Bud Orgel Award from the Association of Psychologists in Academic Health Centers
Congratulations to Mary Amanda Dew, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry, Psychology, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Clinical and Translational Science! Dr. Dew has been awarded the 2019 Bud Orgel Award for Distinguished Achievement in Research from the Association of Psychologists in Academic Health Centers. The award recognizes the outstanding contributions of psychologists to the advancement of research and...
Dr. Mary Amanda Dew Appointed to IRB Advisory Committee on Social and Behavioral Research
Mary Amanda Dew, PhD has been appointed to the University of Pittsburgh IRB Advisory Committee on Social and Behavioral Research. Dr. Dew was invited to serve on the committee as the representative for the Schools of the Health Sciences. The Committee serves as a liaison between the IRB and investigators in the Provost's area schools as well as other schools that include members engaged in social/behavioral...
Hot Publication - The Lancet
Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of augmentation pharmacotherapy with aripiprazole for treatment-resistant depression in late life: A randomized placebo-controlled trialLenze EJ, Mulsant BH, Blumberger DM, Karp JF, Newcomer JW, Anderson SJ, Dew MA, Butters MA, Stack JA, Begley AE and Reynolds CFThe Lancet, 2015; 386(10011):2404-2412.Treatment-resistant major depressive disorder is common and potentially life...
Dr. Mary Amanda Dew Elected to Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network Board
Mary Amanda Dew, PhD has been elected to the Board of Directors for the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN), the governing body that oversees the organ allocation and transplantation system in the United States. This is a significant honor for Dr. Dew, as she is one of the few mental health professionals to be elected to the Board, which consists primarily of transplant physicians and professionals...