Marsha D Marcus, PhD
Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Zerwas SC, Watson HJ, Hofmeier SM, Levine MD, Hamer RM, Crosby RD, Runfola CD, Peat CM, Shapiro JR, Zimmer B, Moessner M, Kordy H, Marcus MD,* Bulik CM. A randomized controlled trial of online chat and face-to-face group therapy for bulimia nervosa. Psychother Psychosom, 2017;86(1):47-53. PMID: 27883997 (*Senior author with Dr. Bulik).
- Marcus MD, Wilfley DE, El ghormli L, Zeitler P, Linder B, Hirst K, Ievers-Landis CE, van Buren DJ, Walders-Abramson N. Weight change in the management of youth-onset type 2 diabetes: the TODAY clinical trial experience. Pediatr Obes. 2017;12:337-345. PMID: 27161901
- The HEALTHY Study Group (Foster G, Linder B, Baranowski T, Cooper, DM, Goldberg L, Harrell JS, Kaufman K, Marcus MD, Trevino RP, Hirst K). A school-based intervention for diabetes risk reduction. New Engl J Med 2010; 363:443-53. PMCID: PMC2924187
- Marcus MD, Wildes JE. Obesity: Is it a Mental Disorder? Int J Eat Disorders 2009; 12:739-5753. PMID: 19610015
- Kalarchian MA, Levine M, Arslanian S, Ewing L, Houck P, Cheng Y, Ringham R, Sheets C, Marcus MD. Family-Based Treatment of Severe Pediatric Obesity: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Pediatrics 2009;124:1060-1068. PMCID: PMC2935494
- Marcus MD. Connections between eating disorders and obesity. In KD Brownell, BT Walsh, eds., Eating Disorders and Obesity: a Comprehensive Handbook Third Edition. New York: Guilford Press,2017: 229-234.
- Yanovski SZ, Marcus MD, Wadden TA, Walsh BT. The Questionnaire on Eating and Weight Patterns-5 (QEWP-5): an updated screening instrument for binge eating disorder. Int J Eat Disord, 2015; 48:259-261. PMCID: PMC4374019
- 66.Marcus MD, Wildes JE. Eating problems in individuals with overweight and obesity. In BT Walsh, Sysco R, Glasofer DR, Attia EA. Handbook of Assessment and Treatment of Eating Disorders. Arlington VA: American Psychiatric Publishing, 2016: 65-82.
- Attia E, Marcus MD, Walsh BT, Guarda AS. The need for consistent outcome measures in eating disorder treatment programs: a proposal for the field, Int J Eat Disord, 2017; 1-4.
- Marcus MD, Wildes JE. Evidence Based Psychological Treatments for Eating Disorders. In GO Gabbard, ed., Treatments of psychiatric disorders, 5th edition. Washington DC: American Psychiatric Publishing, 2014: 539-548.
Academy for Eating Disorders Presents Department FacultyWith 2013 Outstanding Scientific Contribution Award Jennifer Wildes, Ph.D.Marsha Marcus, Ph.D.The Academy for Eating Disorders has recognized a member of the Department of Psychiatry faculty, Jennifer Wildes, PhD with the organization's 2013 award for Outstanding Scientific Contribution. The award was presented to Dr. Wildes and her co-author Dr. Marsha Marcus...
Hot Publication - Wildes and Marcus
Incorporating Dimensions into the Classification of Eating Disorders: Three Models and Their Implications for Research and Clinical PracticeWildes JE and Marcus MDIntegration of dimensional approaches is a growing trend within the mental health field, expanding upon the traditional approach of classifying patients strictly by categories. The DSM-5 Task Force and the National Institute of Mental Health have...