Education & Training
- Oppenheimer CW, Hankin BL. Relationship quality and depressive symptoms among adolescents: A short-term multi-wave investigation of longitudinal, reciprocal associations. J Clin Child Psychol. 2011 May;40(3):486-493.
- Hankin BL, Young JF, Abela JRZ, Smolen A, Jenness JL, Gulley L, Technow JR, Barrocas Gottlieb A, Cohen JR, Oppenheimer CW. Development of depression from late childhood into adolescence: Influence of gender, puberty, genetic susceptibility, and peer stress, J Abnorm Psychol. 2015 Nov;124(4):803-816.
- Oppenheimer CW, Ladouceur CD, Waller JM, Ryan ND, Benoit Allen K, Sheeber, Forbes EE, Dahl RE, Silk JS. Emotion socialization in anxious youth: Parenting buffers against emotional reactivity to peer negative events. .J Abnorm Child Psychol. 2016;44(7):1267-1278.
- Quevedo K, Ng R, Scott H, Martin J, Smyda G, Keener M, Oppenheimer CW. The neurobiology of self-face recognition in depressed adolescents with low or high suicidality. 2016;125(8):1185-1200
- Oppenheimer CW, Hankin BL, Young J. Effect of parenting and peer stressors on cognitive vulnerability and risk for depression among youth. J Abnorm Psychol. in press.
The Department of Psychiatry is pleased to welcome Dr. Caroline Oppenheimer to its faculty. After earning a PhD in Clinical Child Psychology from the University of Denver in 2014, Dr. Oppenheimer moved to Pittsburgh to complete a clinical psychology internship at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC. She obtained postdoctoral training through the federally funded Child and Adolescent Mental Health...