STAR Center Conference May 17, 2013, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm University Club
Annual STAR-Center Conference
In Search of a Safer World
David A. Brent, M.D., Director, STAR-Center
Paula S. McCommons, Ed.D., Director, STAR-Center Outreach
At the conclusion of this conference, participants should be able to:
- Describe the relationship between method availability and risk for suicide, homicide and accidental death.
- Explain the impact of changes in availability on method use and firearms morbidity and mortality.
- Discuss implications for clinical care.
- Identify school safety practices that are appropriate and potentially harmful.
- Identify more appropriate alternatives to unsafe practices
- Locate sources that can offer credible guidance for future school safety planning.
Target Audience: This program is appropriate for all clinical and educational personnel.
Cost: There is a $60 registration fee for this conference. Cost to employees of Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic is $30 (a 50 percent discount off the regular registration fee). The cost includes a light breakfast (coffee/tea/juices/muffins, etc.), training materials, and continuing education credits. Full tuition must accompany the registration form. A $10 administration fee will be deducted from all refunds for cancellations. All refund requests must be in writing and received in the office no later than Thursday, May 16, 2013. Please return registration form by Monday, May 13, 2013.
Continuing Education Credits: Continuing Education Credit is available for this program for Psychologists, Counselors, Licensed/Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Theapists: LSW/LCSW/LPC/LMFT, PA Educators, and Other Professionals.