2018 STAR-Center Conference
The Annual STAR-Center Conference will take place on May 4, 2018 at the William Pitt Union on the University of Pittsburgh Oakland campus. The theme for this year's conference is "Modern Times: Assessing, Supporting, and Engaging Youth at Risk for Suicide in a Digital Era."
David Brent, MD and Paula McCommons, EdD
Youth Suicide in the Digital Age: Impact of Social Media on Teen’s Suicidal Risk - David A. Brent, MD
Supporting Students with Anxiety and Depression at School: What Works? - Mary Margaret Kerr, EdD
SKILL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
- From Adversary to Advocate: Working with Parents of LGBT Youth (Intermediate)
- Trauma-Focused CBT for Childhood Traumatic Grief (Introductory)
- Understanding the Impact of Concussions: From Injury through Recovery (Intermediate)
- Concussions & Return to Learn: The Neurocognitive and Educational Aspects of Recovery (Introductory)
- Bringing Mindfulness to the Classroom (Introductory)
- The Why, How, and When Young People Hurt Themselves, and What We Can Do. (Intermediate)
- Sleep during Adolescence: Developmental Changes and Links to Emotional Function (Intermediate)
- Family Based Interpersonal Psychotherapy (FB-IPT) for Depressed Preadolescents (Introductory)
- Sexual Violence and Dating Violence Prevention for Teens and Young Adults: What Works? (Intermediate)
- Yoga and Mindfulness for Kids – A Whole-Child Approach Supporting Childhood Mental Health (Introductory)
- It’s a Different World: Mental Health, Technology and Social Media (Intermediate)
- Prevention and Treatment of Depression and Suicidality among Gender Minority (Transgender and Nonbinary) Youth: An Introduction and Review of the Health Sciences Literature (Intermediate)
Location: William Pitt Union, 3959 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Continuing Education Credits: Continuing Education Credits are available for this conference.
For More Information: For details about the STAR Center Conference, please visit the STAR Center website or contact Nancy Mundy at email@example.com or 412.204.9090. You can also download the conference brochure.