Upon completion of the fellowship program, the participants are expected to demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- Clinical indications, relative contraindications, side effects, and adverse risks of ECT;
- Clinical evaluation and management of ECT patients;
- Clinical and technical aspects of ECT administration;
- Techniques in lead placement, stimulus dosing, and seizure monitoring;
- ECT anesthesia procedures;
- Informed consent and legal aspects of ECT;
- Clinical implications for special populations;
- ECT acute and continuation treatment;
- Resources for advance ECT devices.
Have questions about this fellowship? Please contact Roger Haskett, MD.