Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- DAiuto L, Williamson K, Dimitrion P, McNulty J, Brown CE, Dokuburra CB, Nielsen AJ, Lin WJ, Piazza P, Schurdak ME, Wood J, Yolken RH, Kinchington PR, Bloom DC, Nimgaonkar VL (2017). Comparison of three cell-based drug screening platforms for HSV-1 infection. Antiviral Research. 142, 136-140.
- Ganapathiraju MK, Thahir M, Handen A, Sarkar SN, Sweet RA, Nimgaonkar VL, Loscher CE, Bauer EM, Chaparala S: Schizophrenia interactome with 504 novel proteinprotein interactions (2016). Schizophrenia, 2:16012
- Das DK, Tapias V, DAiuto L, Chowdari KV, Francis L, Zhi Y, Ghosh A, Surti U, Tischfield J, Sheldon M, Moore JC, Fish K, Nimgaonkar VL (2015). Genetic and morphological features of human iPSC-derived neurons with chromosome 15q11.2 (BP1-BP2) deletions. Molecular Neuropsychiatry. 1:116-123 (DOI:10.1159/000430916). PMID: 26528485.
- Prasad KM, Eack SM, Keshavan MS, Yolken RH, Iyengar S, Nimgaonkar VL. (2013) Antiherpes VirusSpecific Treatment and Cognition in Schizophrenia: A Test-of-Concept Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial. Schizophrenia Bulletin. 39(4):857-66. doi: 10.1093/schbul/sbs040. Epub 2012 Mar 23. PMID: 22446565, PMCID: PMC3686443.
- Nimgaonkar VL, Fujiwara TM, Dutta M, Wood J, Gentry K, Maendel S, Morgan K, Eaton J (2000). Low prevalence of psychoses among the Hutterites, an isolated religious community. American Journal of Psychiatry 157(7):1065-1070. PMID: 10873912.
Dr. Triptish Bhatia first became interested in the cognitive benefits of yoga early in her research career. As a trainee in an NIH funded training grant intended to improve research infrastructure in India, she began thinking about how yoga may fill in the shortcomings of antipsychotic medication while she was visiting Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC (WPIC). However, her mentor at the time, Dr....
Hot Publication - Nimgaonkar et al.
Temporal Cognitive Decline Associated with Exposure to Infectious Agents in a Population-based, Aging Cohort Nimgaonkar VL, Yolken RH, Wang T, Chung-Chou HC, McClain L, McDade E, Snitz BE and Ganguli M Alzheimers Disease & Associated Disorders, Published Online, 2015 Numerous cross-sectional studies have related exposure to neurotropic infectious agents with cognitive dysfunction in older adults, however, the...
Department of Psychiatry Faculty Recognized for Scientific Contributions at 2015 American College of Neuropsychopharmacology Meeting
Congratulations to the following members of the Department of Psychiatry faculty who were recognized for their contributions to the field and their service by the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP). The honors were announced at the College's annual meeting which took place in Hollywood, Florida on December 7-10, 2015. Erika Forbes, PhD received the Eva King Killam Research Award in recognition of...
Hot Publication - D'Aiuto et al. in the Schizophrenia Bulletin
Persistent Infection by HSV-1 Is Associated with Changes in Functional Architecture of iPSC-Derived Neurons and Brain Activation Patterns Underlying Working Memory Performance D'Aiuto L, Prasad KM, Upton CH, Viggiano L, Milosevic J, Raimondi G, McClain L, Chowdari K, Tischfield J, Sheldon M, Moore JC, Yolken RH, Kinchington PR, and Nimgaonkar VL Schizophrenia Bulletin, 2015, 41(1): 123–132 Herpes simplex virus,...