Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Logan, R.W., Arjona, A. and Sarkar, D.K. (2011). Role of sympathetic nervous system in the entrainment of circadian natural-killer cell function. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. 25(1), 101-109. PMID: 20816749.
- Logan, R.W., Zhang, C., Murugan, S., OConnell S., Levitt, D., Rosenwasser A.M. and Sarkar D.K. (2012). Chronic shift-lag alters the circadian clock of natural killer cells and promotes lung cancer growth in rats. Journal of Immunology. 188(6), 2583-2591. PMID: 22308312
- Logan, R.W., Robledo, R.F., Recla, J.M., Philip, V.M., Jay, J.J., Harwood, C., Gatti, D.M., Bult, C.J., Churchill, G.A., and Chesler, E.J. (2013). High-precision genetic mapping of behavioral traits in the Diversity Outbred mouse population. Genes, Brain and Behavior. 12(4), 424-437. PMID: 23433259.
- Logan, R.W., Edgar, N., Gillman, A.G., Hoffman, D., Zhu, X. and McClung, C.A. (2015). Chronic stress induces brain region specific alterations in molecular rhythms in mice that correlate with depression-like behavior. Biological Psychiatry, 78(4), 249-258. PMID: 25771506.
- Chen, C., Logan, R.W., Ma, T., Tseng, G.C., Sibille, E., and McClung, C.A. (2015). The effects of aging on circadian patterns of gene expression in the human prefrontal cortex. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Epub ahead of print. PMID: 26699485.
Findings by Dr. Marianne Seney et al. Show Opposite Brain Transcriptional Profiles in Men and Women with Major Depressive Disorder
Major depressive disorder (MDD) is a devastating psychiatric disorder and leading cause of disability worldwide. It affects women approximately twice as often as men, and incidence and symptoms differ between the sexes, affirming the importance of studying brain pathology of depression in both men and women. Women are three times as likely to have atypical depression, with hypersomnia and weight gain, suggesting...
Hot Publication - Logan et al.
Chronic Stress Induces Brain Region-Specific Alterations of Molecular Rhythms that Correlate with Depression-like Behavior in MiceLogan RW, Edgar N, Gillman AG, Hoffman D, Zhu X and McClung CA Biological Psychiatry, 78:249-258, 2015 Emerging evidence implicates circadian abnormalities as a component of the pathophysiology of major depressive disorder (MDD). The suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN) of the hypothalamus...
Dr. Ryan Logan Welcomed to Faculty
Ryan Logan, PhD Appointed to the Department of Psychiatry Faculty Congratulations to Ryan Logan, PhD on his appointment as an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. The focus of Dr. Logan's research is the role of circadian rhythms in addiction and other psychiatric diseases. As an undergraduate student at the University of Maine, he studied the effects of circadian...