Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Javitt DC & Sweet RA. Auditory dysfunction in schizophrenia: Integrating clinical and basic features. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2015 Aug 20;16(9):535-50. PMCID: PMC4692466
- Murray PS, Kumar S, DeMichele-Sweet MA, Sweet RA. Psychosis in Alzheimer's disease. Biol Psychiatry. 2014 Apr 1;75(7):542-52. PMID: 24103379 PMCID: PMC4036443
- Shelton MA, Newman JT, Gu H, Sampson AR, Fish KN, MacDonald ML, Moyer CE, DiBitetto JV, Dorph-Petersen KA, Penzes P, Lewis DA, Sweet RA. Loss of microtubule-associated protein 2 immunoreactivity linked to dendritic spine loss in schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2015 Sep 15;78(6):374-85. PMCID: PMC4520801
- MacDonald ML, Ding Y, Newman J, Hemby S, Penzes P, Lewis DA, Yates NA, Sweet RA. Altered glutamate protein co-expression network topology linked to spine loss in the auditory cortex of schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2015 Jun 1;77(11):959-68. PMCID: PMC4428927
- DeMichele-Sweet MAA, Weamer EA, Klei L, Vrana DR, Hollingshead DJ, Seltman HJ, Sims R, Foroud T, Hernandez I, Moreno-Grau S, Trraga L, Boada M, Ruiz A, Williams J, Mayeux R, Lopez OL, Sibille EL, Kamboh MI, Devlin B, Sweet RA. Genetic Risk for Schizophrenia and Psychosis in Alzheimer Disease. Mol Psychiatry, 2017. PMCID: Pending.
American College of Psychiatrists Recognizes Dr. Robert Sweet’s Significant Contributions to the Field with Award for Research in Geriatric Psychiatry
The American College of Psychiatrists has presented Robert Sweet, MD with the Award for Research in Geriatric Psychiatry for his major contributions to the field. Dr. Sweet, UPMC Endowed Professor in Psychiatric Neuroscience and Professor of Neurology and Clinical and Translational Science , is recognized internationally for his investigation of the mechanisms which lead to the generation of psychotic symptoms that...
Department of Psychiatry Provides Mentorship and Hands On Research Experience to Help Young Physician-Scientists Build Successful Careers in Psychiatric Neuroscience
Early exposure to cutting-edge research and hands-on experiences in laboratories is crucial to preparing the next generation of physician-scientists for successful careers in psychiatric neuroscience research. It also can lead to transformative discoveries that ultimately improve the lives of individuals with mental illness. The Department of Psychiatry is an international leader in helping young scientists learn...
Psychiatry Faculty Receive Multiple Teaching Awards at Annual Pitt School of Medicine Curriculum Colloquium
Department of Psychiatry faculty were big winners at the annual Curriculum Colloquium hosted by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine on January 24th. The annual event recognizes outstanding faculty contributions to medical education through several prestigious awards. Honorees are selected by the Award Review Committee and Dean based on student and faculty nominations. Department of Psychiatry faculty...
Robert A. Sweet, MD Receives NARSAD Distinguished Investigator Grant
Robert A. Sweet, MD has been selected to receive a NARSAD Distinguished Investigator Grant from the Brain & Behavior Research Foundation. The NARSAD Distinguished Investigator Grants ($100,000 each) are among the most competitive in mental health research and are awarded to established scientists with a record of outstanding research accomplishments and who are pursuing particularly innovative project ideas. Dr....