Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Javitt DC & Sweet RA. Auditory dysfunction in schizophrenia: Integrating clinical and basic features. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2015 Aug 20;16(9):535-50. PMCID: PMC4692466
- Murray PS, Kumar S, DeMichele-Sweet MA, Sweet RA. Psychosis in Alzheimer's disease. Biol Psychiatry. 2014 Apr 1;75(7):542-52. PMID: 24103379 PMCID: PMC4036443
- Shelton MA, Newman JT, Gu H, Sampson AR, Fish KN, MacDonald ML, Moyer CE, DiBitetto JV, Dorph-Petersen KA, Penzes P, Lewis DA, Sweet RA. Loss of microtubule-associated protein 2 immunoreactivity linked to dendritic spine loss in schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2015 Sep 15;78(6):374-85. PMCID: PMC4520801
- MacDonald ML, Ding Y, Newman J, Hemby S, Penzes P, Lewis DA, Yates NA, Sweet RA. Altered glutamate protein co-expression network topology linked to spine loss in the auditory cortex of schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2015 Jun 1;77(11):959-68. PMCID: PMC4428927
- DeMichele-Sweet MAA, Weamer EA, Klei L, Vrana DR, Hollingshead DJ, Seltman HJ, Sims R, Foroud T, Hernandez I, Moreno-Grau S, Trraga L, Boada M, Ruiz A, Williams J, Mayeux R, Lopez OL, Sibille EL, Kamboh MI, Devlin B, Sweet RA. Genetic Risk for Schizophrenia and Psychosis in Alzheimer Disease. Mol Psychiatry, 2017. PMCID: Pending.
Robert A. Sweet, MD Receives NARSAD Distinguished Investigator Grant
Robert A. Sweet, MD has been selected to receive a NARSAD Distinguished Investigator Grant from the Brain & Behavior Research Foundation. The NARSAD Distinguished Investigator Grants ($100,000 each) are among the most competitive in mental health research and are awarded to established scientists with a record of outstanding research accomplishments and who are pursuing particularly innovative project ideas. Dr....
Hot Publication - MacDonald et al.
Selective Loss of Smaller Spines in Schizophrenia MacDonald ML, Alhassan J, Newman JT, Richard M, Gu H, Kelly RM, Sampson AR, Fish KN, Penzes P, Wills ZP, Lewis DA and Sweet RA American Journal of Psychiatry, Published online 2017 Deceased density of dendritic spines in adult schizophrenia subjects has been hypothesized to result from increased pruning of excess synapses in adolescence. In vivo imaging studies have...
Hot Publication - Sweet & Colleagues
Genetic Risk for Schizophrenia and Psychosis in Alzheimer Disease DeMichele-Sweet MAA, Weamer EA, Klei L, Vrana DT, Hollingshead DJ, Seltman HJ, Sims R, Foroud T, Hernandez I, Moreno-Grau S, Tárraga L, Boada M, Ruiz A, Williams J, Mayeux R, Lopez OL, Sibille EL, Kamboh MI, Devlin B and Sweet RA Molecular Psychiatry, Published online May 2 2017 Psychotic symptoms, defined as the occurrence of delusions or...
Robert A. Sweet, MD Presented with Distinguished Scientist Award by the Association for Geriatric Psychiatry
The Association for Geriatric Psychiatry has presented the organization's Distinguished Scientist Award to Dr. Robert Sweet, MD in recognition of his scientific contributions and extensive mentorship of junior researchers in the field of geriatric psychiatry. Dr. Sweet is Professor of Psychiatry and Neurology, and an active member of the University?s Translational Neuroscience Program faculty. The long term...