Richard Schulz, PhD
Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Schulz, R., Savla, J., Czaja, S.J., Monin, J. (in press). The role of compassion, suffering and intrusive thoughts in dementia caregiver depression. Aging and Mental Health. PMID:27260874. doi: 10.1080/13607863.2016.1191057
- Schulz, R. (2017). My life in research: From theory to policy in 40 years. The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, Vol. 25, 4, 440-444.
- Schulz, R. & Eden, J. (Eds.). (2016). Families Caring for an Aging America. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine. (2016). Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. doi: 10.17226/23606.
- Heckhausen, J., Wrosch, C., & Schulz, R. (2010). A motivational theory of lifespan development. Psychological Review, 117(1), 32-60. PMID: 20063963. PMCID:PMC2820305.
- Schulz, R., & Beach, S. (1999). Caregiving as a risk factor for mortality. The caregiver health effects study. Journal of the American Medical Association, 282(23), 2215-2219.
Richard Schulz, PhD Appointed Distinguished Service Professor
Congratulations to Richard Schulz, PhD on his appointment as Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. The distinguished service professorship appointment constitutes the highest honor that the University can accord a member of the faculty. Dr. Schulz also holds adjunct appointments in the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences (Departments of Psychology and Soc...