Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Ganguli M. Lee C-W, Hughes TF, Snitz BE, Jakubcak J, Duara R, Chang C-C H. Who wants a free brain scan? Assessing and correcting for recruitment biases in a population-based sMRI study. Brain Imaging and Behavior 2015;9:204-12. [PMID: 24573773]
- Ganguli M, Lee C-W, Snitz BE, Hughes TF, McDade EM, Chang C-C H. Rates and risk factors for progression to dementia vary by age in a population cohort. Neurology 2015, 84: 72-80. PMID 25471390.
- Ganguli M, Dodge HH, Shen C, DeKosky ST. Mild Cognitive Impairment, Amnestic Type: an epidemiologic study. Neurology, 63: 115-121, 2004. [PMID 15249620]
- Ganguli M, Rodriguez EG, Mulsant BH, Richards S, Pandav R, Vander Bilt J, Dodge HH, Stoehr GP, Saxton JA, Morycz RK, Rubin RT, Farkas B, DeKosky ST. Detection and Management of Cognitive Impairment in Primary Care: the Steel Valley Seniors Survey. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 52: 1668-1675, 2004. [PMID 15450043]
- Ganguli M, Chandra V, Kamboh MI, Johnston JM, Dodge HH, Thelma BK, Juyal RC, Pandav R, Belle SH, DeKosky ST. APOE polymorphism and Alzheimers disease: the Indo-US Cross-National Dementia Study. Archives of Neurology, 57: 824-830, 2000. [PMID 10867779]
Mary Ganguli, MD, MPH, Honored by Pitt Graduate School of Public Health with Distinguished Alumni Award for Research
Dr. Mary Ganguli, an expert on the epidemiology of late life psychiatric disorders, has been presented with the 2017 Distinguished Alumni Award for Research by the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health. The award honors Dr. Ganguli's significant scientific contributions and impact on the field of neurocognitive disorders. Dr. Ganguli obtained her medical degree from the Christian Medical College...
Career Development Awards are an Important Step in Transition to Next Phase of Research Careers
The Department of Psychiatry is a model of success for K awardees. The Department's successful funding rate for federal career development (K) awards is twice the national average, and typically 30-40 funded K awards are active at any given time. The keys to this success include the research environment, the generous availability of existing research funding, an outstanding collection of mentors, and very strong...
Ganguli et al.
Mild Cognitive Impairment: Incidence and Vascular Risk Factors in a Population-Based Cohort Ganguli M, Fu B, Snitz BE, Hughes TF, Chang CCH Mild cognitive impairment is a cognitive state intermediate between normal cognitive aging and dementia. In a recent study published in the journal Neurology, Dr. Mary Ganguli and her colleagues examined the incidence of mild cognitive impairment in previously normal older...
ICGP Meeting Highlights
Pittsburgh Hosts XIII Annual Meeting of the International College of Geriatric Psychoneuropharmacology Pittsburgh recently welcomed scientists from across the globe as the host of the XIII Annual Meeting of the International College of Geriatric Psychoneuropharmacology (ICGP), which took place at the University Club on the University of Pittsburgh Oakland campus. This year?s meeting was coordinated by two members...