Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Rosenberger EM, DeVito Dabbs AJ, DiMartini AF, Landsittel DP, Pilewski JM, Dew MA (2017). Long-term follow-up of a randomized controlled trial evaluating a mobile health intervention for self-management in lung transplantation recipients. American Journal of Transplantation, 17(5), 1286-1293. PMCID: PMC5365382
- Dew MA, Butt Z, Humar A, DiMartini AF (2017). Long-term medical and psychosocial outcomes in living liver donors. American Journal of Transplantation, 17(4), 880-892. PMID: 27862972.
- DeVito Dabbs A, Song MK, Myers BA, Li R, Hawkins RP, Pilewski JM, Bermudez MD, Aubrecht J, Begey A, Connolly M, Alrawashdeh M, Dew MA, (2016). A randomized controlled trial of a mobile health intervention to promote self-management after lung transplantation. American Journal of Transplantation, 16(7), 2172-2180. PMCID: PMC4925283
- Dew MA, DiMartini AF, Ladner DP, Simpson MA, Pomfret EA, Gillespie BW, Merion RM, Zee J, Smith AR, Holtzman S, Sherker AH, Weinrieb R, Fisher RA, Emond JC, Freise CE, Burton JR Jr., Butt Z (2016). Psychosocial outcomes 3 to 10 years after donation in the Adult to Adult Donor Liver Transplantation Cohort Study (A2ALL). Transplantation, 100(6), 1257-1269. PMCID: PMC4874865
- Dew MA, Rosenberger EM, Myaskovsky L, DiMartini AF, DeVito Dabbs AJ, Posluszny DM, Steel J, Switzer GE, Shellmer DA, Greenhouse JB (2015). Depression and anxiety as risk factors for morbidity and mortality after organ transplantation: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Transplantation, 100(5), 988-1003. PMCID: PMC4840103
- Nevins TE, Nickerson PW, Dew MA (2017). Understanding medication nonadherence after kidney transplant. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, 28(8), 2290-2301. PMCID: PMC5533244.
- DiMartini AF, Dew MA, Crone C (2017). Organ transplantation. In: BJ Sadock, VA Sadock, P Ruiz (Eds.), Kaplan and Sadocks Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry, 10th ed. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer.
- Zimbrean P, Crone C, Sher Y, Dew MA, DiMartini A (2016). Transplant psychiatry, Part 2: Psychiatric care of organ donors and recipients, 33(10), October 25, pp. 24F-24H. http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/comorbidity-psychiatry/transplant-psychiatry-psychiatric-care-of-organ-donors-and-recipients
- Zimbrean P, Crone C, Sher Y, Dew MA, DiMartini A (2016). Transplant psychiatry, Part 1: An Introduction. Psychiatric Times, 33(9), September 28, pp. 40A-40C. http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/comorbidity-psychiatry/transplant-psychiatry-introduction-part-1
- DiMartini AF, Pozluszny DM, DAlmeida T, Dew MA (2015). Organ transplantation. In: KD Ackerman, AF DiMartini (Eds.), Psychosomatic Medicine: Pittsburgh pocket psychiatry series, pp. 379-397. NY: Oxford University Press.
IRB Advisory Appointment
Dr. Mary Amanda Dew Appointed to IRB Advisory Committee on Social and Behavioral Research Mary Amanda Dew, PhD has been appointed to the University of Pittsburgh IRB Advisory Committee on Social and Behavioral Research. Dr. Dew was invited to serve on the committee as the representative for the Schools of the Health Sciences. The Committee serves as a liaison between the IRB and investigators in the Provost?s area...
Hot Publication - The Lancet
Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of augmentation pharmacotherapy with aripiprazole for treatment-resistant depression in late life: A randomized placebo-controlled trial Lenze EJ, Mulsant BH, Blumberger DM, Karp JF, Newcomer JW, Anderson SJ, Dew MA, Butters MA, Stack JA, Begley AE and Reynolds CF The Lancet, Published Online, 2015 Treatment-resistant major depressive disorder is common and potentially life-threat...
Dr. Dew Elected to OPTN Board
Dr. Mary Amanda Dew Elected to Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network Board Mary Amanda Dew, PhD has been elected to the Board of Directors for the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN), the governing body that oversees the organ allocation and transplantation system in the United States. This is a significant honor for Dr. Dew, as she is one of the few mental health professionals to be electe...
Dr. Dew Inducted as APM Fellow
Mary Amanda Dew, PhD Inducted into Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine Mary Amanda Dew, Ph.D. will be inducted as a Fellow in the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine in November 2013. This is an honor not only for Dr. Dew, but for the Department of Psychiatry, as she is one of the few psychologists ever to have been inducted into the Academy. The Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine represents psychiatrists dedicated to t...