Maria E Jalbrzikowski, PhD
Education & Training
- Jalbrzikowski M, Lazaro M, Gao F, Huang A, Chow C, Coppola G, Bearden CE. Genome-wide transcription profiling of 22q11.2 deletion syndrome reveals functional pathways related to phenotypic expression of psychosis and autism spectrum disorders. PLOS ONE. 2015; 10(7):e0132542. PMID: 26201030 PMCID: PMC4511766
- Jalbrzikowski M, Ahmed KH, Patel A, Jonas R, Kushan L, Chow C, Bearden CE. Categorical versus dimensional approaches to autism-associated intermediate phenotypes in 22q11.2 microdeletion syndrome. Biological Psychiatry: Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuroimaging. 2017; 2(1):53-65.
- Jalbrzikowski M, Villalon-Reina JE, Karlsgodt KH, Senturk D, Chow C, Thompson PM, Bearden CE. Altered white matter microstructure in 22q11.2 microdeletion syndrome: Relevance to social cognition and psychotic symptoms. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, 2014; 8:393. PMID: 25426042 PMCID: PMC4227518
- Jalbrzikowski M, Jonas R, Senturk D, Patel A*, Chow C, Green MF, Bearden CE. Structural abnormalities in cortical volume, thickness, and surface area in 22q11.2 microdeletion syndrome: relationship with psychotic symptoms. Neuroimage: Clinical, 2013 (3): 405-415. PMID: 24273724 PMCID: PMC3814944
- Jalbrzikowski M, Larsen B, Hallquist MN, Foran W, Calabro F, Luna B. Development of white matter microstructure and intrinsic functional connectivity between the amygdala and ventromedial prefrontal cortex: associations with anxiety and depression. Biological Psychiatry. 2017; 17. pii: S0006-3223(17)30040-9. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2017.01.008.
- Jalbrzikowski M, Sugar CA, Zinberg J, Bachman P, Cannon TD, Bearden CE. Coping style as a predictor of outcome in individuals at clinical high risk for developing psychosis.Early Intervention in Psychiatry, 2014; 8(1):68-76. PMID: 23164368 PMCID: PMC3582773
- Jalbrzikowski M, Krasileva KE, Marvin S, Zinberg J, Andaya A, Bachman P, Cannon TD, Bearden CE. Reciprocal social behavior in youth with psychotic illness and those at clinical high risk. Development and Psychopathology, 2013 (25): 1189-1199. PMID: 24229557 PMCID: PMC4416482
Association of Psychological Science Names Dr. Maria Jalbrzikowski a Rising Star
Maria Jalbrzikowski, PhD has been recognized as a Rising Star by the Association for Psychological Science (APS) for her innovative research. This designation is presented to outstanding psychological scientists in the earliest stages of their research careers post-PhD and whose innovative work has already advanced the field and signals great potential for their continued contributions. The APS Board of Directors...
Department of Psychiatry Welcomes New Research Faculty
The Department of Psychiatry is pleased to welcome three talented, early-career scientists to its faculty. With a reputation as a leader in basic science and translational research focusing on mental health disorders, the Department continues to expand its research in these important areas. Danella H afeman, MD, PhD Assistant Professor of Psychiatry Dr. Danella Hafeman 's research focuses on cognition and emotion...
Hot Publication - Jalbrzikowski et al.
Development of White Matter Microstructure and Intrinsic Functional Connectivity between the Amygdala and Ventromedial Prefrontal Cortex: Associations with Anxiety and Depression Jalbrzikowski M, Larsen B, Hallquist MN, Forana W, Calabro F and Luna B Biological Psychiatry, Published Online 2017 Connectivity between the amygdala and ventromedial prefrontal cortex (vmPFC) is compromised in multiple psychiatric...