Education & Training
- D'Aiuto L, Williamson K, Dimitrion P, McNulty J, Brown CE, Dokuburra CB, Nielsen AJ, Lin WJ, Piazza P, Schurdak ME, Wood J, Yolken RH, Kinchington PR, Bloom DC, Nimgaonkar VL. Comparison of three cell-based drug screening platforms for HSV-1 infection. Antiviral Res. 2017 Jun;142:136-140.
- McNulty J, D'Aiuto L, Zhi Y, McClain L, Zepeda-Velzquez C, Ler S, Jenkins HA, Yee MB, Piazza P, Yolken RH, Kinchington PR, Nimgaonkar VL. iPSC Neuronal Assay Identifies Amaryllidaceae Pharmacophore with Multiple Effects against Herpesvirus Infections. ACS Med Chem Lett. 2015 Nov 19;7(1):46-50.
- McClain L, Zhi Y, Cheng H, Ghosh A, Piazza P, Yee MB, Kumar S, Milosevic J, Bloom DC, Arav-Boger R, Kinchington PR, Yolken R, Nimgaonkar V, D'Aiuto L. Broad-spectrum non-nucleoside inhibitors of human herpesviruses Antiviral Res. 2015 Sep;121:16-23.
- D'Aiuto L, Prasad KM, Upton CH, Viggiano L, Milosevic J, Raimondi G, McClain L, Chowdari K, Tischfield J, Sheldon M, Moore JC, Yolken RH, Kinchington PR, Nimgaonkar VL. Persistent infection by HSV-1 is associated with changes in functional architecture of iPSC-derived neurons and brain activation patterns underlying working memory performance. Schizophr Bull. 2015 Jan;41(1):123-32.
- D'Aiuto L, Di Maio R, Heath B, Raimondi G, Milosevic J, Watson AM, Bamne M, Parks WT, Yang L, Lin B, Miki T, Mich-Basso JD, Arav-Boger R, Sibille E, Sabunciyan S, Yolken R, Nimgaonkar V. Human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived models to investigate human cytomegalovirus infection in neural cells. PLoS One. 2012;7(11):e49700.
Department Researchers Pioneer Method for Growing Human Neurons That Could Create Better Models of Brain Diseases and More Accurately Identify New Treatments
Pictured above: Vishwajit Nimgaonkar, MD, PhD and Leonardo D'Aiuto, PhD Unlike cells from other organs such as the liver or lungs, neurons are very difficult to collect from a living patient. In fact, one of the biggest hurdles to treating brain diseases is a lack of cells that researchers can use to study the conditions and develop new therapies. Over the last decade, a method to “reprogram” human skin cells into...
Hot Publication - D'Aiuto et al. in the Schizophrenia Bulletin
Persistent Infection by HSV-1 Is Associated with Changes in Functional Architecture of iPSC-Derived Neurons and Brain Activation Patterns Underlying Working Memory Performance D'Aiuto L, Prasad KM, Upton CH, Viggiano L, Milosevic J, Raimondi G, McClain L, Chowdari K, Tischfield J, Sheldon M, Moore JC, Yolken RH, Kinchington PR, and Nimgaonkar VL Schizophrenia Bulletin, 2015, 41(1): 123–132 Herpes simplex virus,...