Education & Training
University of Iowa Clinical Psychology
University of Mississippi Medical Center/VA Medical CenterClinical Psychology
University of PittsburghCardiovascular Behavioral Medicine
Fellow, Society of Behavioral Medicine
Fellow, American Psychological Association
Fellow, Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco
Nicotine dependence; Tobacco smoking persistence; Smoking cessation interventionsSelected Research Publications & Products
- Perkins, K.A., Kunkle, N., & Karelitz, J.L. Threshold dose for behavioral discrimination of cigarette nicotine content in menthol vs. non-menthol smokers. Psychopharmacology, 2017, 234, 1255-1265. DOI: 10.1007/s00213-017-4563-3
- Perkins, K.A., Karelitz, J.L., & Boldry, M.A. Nicotine acutely enhances reinforcement from non-drug rewards in humans. Frontiers in Psychiatry (Addictive Disorders section), 2017, 8, 65. doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2017.00065. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyt.2017.00065. Open access link: http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyt.2017.00065/full
- Perkins, K.A. Procedures for conducting a Crossover Evaluation of Addiction Treatment Efficacy (CREATE) for novel medications in smoking cessation (Manual). University of Pittsburgh, 2013, revised 2016.
- Perkins, K.A. & Lerman, C. (2014) An efficient early Phase 2 procedure to screen medications for efficacy in smoking cessation. Psychopharmacology, 231: 1-11. DOI: 10.1007/s00213-013-3364-6.
- Perkins, K.A., Conklin, C.A., & Levine, M.D. (2008) Cognitive-behavioral therapy for smoking cessation: a practical guide to the most effective treatments New York: Routledge, 2008.