Judith K Morgan, PhD
Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Morgan, J.K., Guo, C., Moses-Kolko, E.L., Phillips, M.L., Stepp, S.D., & Hipwell, A.E. (in press). Postpartum depressive symptoms moderate the link between mothers neural response to positive faces in reward and social regions and observed caregiving. Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience,
- Morgan, J.K., Ambrosia, M., Forbes, E.E., Cyranowski, J.M., Amole, M.C., Silk, J.S., Elliott, R.D., & Swartz, H.A. (2015). Maternal response to child affect: Role of maternal depression and relationship quality. Journal of Affective Disorders, 187, 106-113.
- Morgan, J.K., Shaw, D.S, & Forbes, E.E. (2015). Fearfulness moderates the link between childhood social withdrawal and adolescent reward response. Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, 10, 761-768.
- Morgan, J.K., Shaw, D.S., & Forbes, E.E. (2014). Maternal depression and warmth during childhood predict age 20 neural response to reward. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 53, 108-117.
- Morgan, J. K., Olino, T. M., McMakin, D. M., Ryan, N., & Forbes, E. E. (2013). Neural response to reward as a predictor of increases in depressive symptoms in adolescence. Neurobiology of Disease, 52, 66-74.
Now in Journal of Affective Disorders: Neural Response to Positive Stimuli in Young Children with Familial Risk for Depression
Children of parents with depression, when compared with their peers, are at increased risk to experience depression or other psychiatric illnesses. However, the neural mechanisms that contribute to the development of psychiatric illness in the offspring of affected parents is not well understood. Existing research has demonstrated that children at high risk for depression, compared with their peers, have...
Department Faculty Members and Student Researcher Receive ACNP Travel Awards
The American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP) selected three faculty members (Drs. Jay Fournier , Danella Hafeman and Judith Morgan ) and a Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) student (Dr. Wonjae Chung) in the Department of Psychiatry to receive travel awards. ACNP annually selects distinguished young scientists in the field of neuropsychopharmacology to receive these awards, which offer an...
Faculty Members Awarded BRAINS Grants from the National Institute of Mental Health
Fabio Ferrarelli, MD, PhD ; Judith Morgan, PhD ; and Rebecca Price, PhD each received a Biobehavioral Research Award for Innovative New Scientists (BRAINS) R01 grant from the National Institute of Mental Health. This year, 17 researchers from around the country received these prestigious awards at the Society for Neuroscience Annual Conference. The awards support the research and career development of outstanding,...
Klingenstein Foundation Fellowship
Klingenstein Third Generation Foundation Selects Judith K. Morgan, PhD for Child and Adolescent Depression Fellowship Congratulations to Judith Morgan, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, on her selection for the Klingenstein Third Generation Foundation Fellowship Program in Child and Adolescent Depression. The Foundation selected Dr. Morgan for the fellowship program from a highly competitive cohort of...