Jordan F Karp, MD
Education & Training
- Karp JF, DiNapoli EA, Wetherell J, Bolon C, Rodriguez E, Shega J, Weiner DK. Deconstructing Chronic Low Back Pain in the Older Adults Step by Step Evidence and Expert-Based Recommendations for Evaluation and Treatment: Part VIII: Anxiety. Pain Medicine. 2016 Aug;17(8):1423-35. PMID: 27346887
- Karp JF, Dew MA, Wahed AS, Fitzgerald K, Bolon CA, Weiner DK, Morse JQ, Albert SM, Butters MA, Gildengers AG, Reynolds CF III: Challenges and Solutions for Depression Prevention Research: Methodology for a Depression Prevention Trial for Older Adults with Knee Arthritis and Emotional Distress. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2016 Jun;24(6):433-43. PMCID: PMC4870147
- Karp JF, Yu L, Friedly J, Amtmann D, Pilkonis PA. Negative Affect and Sleep Disturbance May be Associated with Response to Epidural Steroid Injections for Spine-Related Pain. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.2014;95(2):309-15. PMC4008542
- Karp JF, Butters MA, Begley A, Miller MD, Lenze EJ, Blumberberger D, Mulsant B, Reynolds CF. Safety, tolerability, and clinical effect of low-dose buprenorphine for treatment-resistant depression in midlife and older adults. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 2014;75(8):e785-93. PMC4157317.
- Karp JF, Lee C-W, McGovern J, Stoehr G, Chang C-C, Ganguli M. Clinical and Demographic Covariates of Chronic Opioid and Non-Opioid Analgesic Use in Rural-Dwelling Older Adults: The MoVIES Project. International Psychogeriatrics.2013;25(11):1801-10. PMCID: PMC4020176
- Morone N, Schneider M, Karp J, Weiner D. Virtual Patient Simulation: An Older Adults with Chronic Low Back Pain. Produced as part of the University of Pittsburgh Center of Excellence in Pain Education (http://vpsim.pitt.edu/shell/CaseList_Assignments.aspx)
- Karp JF. Podcast interview with Dr. Joan Cook about state of the science of PTSD in older adults. This accompanies an article Dr. Cook prepared for the American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry for a series I edit entitled Treatment in Geriatric Mental Health: Research in Action (http://www.ajgponline.org/amgp/audio)
- Bernstein C, Schneider M, Karp JF, Weiner D. Virtual Patient Simulation: Widespread Pain & Fibromyalgia (Middle-Aged Woman). Produced as part of the University of Pittsburgh Center of Excellence in Pain Education. (http://vpsim.pitt.edu/shell/CaseList_Assignments.aspx)
Hot Publication - Karim et al.
Intrinsic functional connectivity in late-life depression: Trajectories over the course of pharmacotherapy in remitters and non-remitters Karim HT, Andreescu C, Tudorascu D, Smagula SF, Butters MA, Karp JF, Reynolds C and Aizenstein HJ Molecular Psychiatry, Published online 2016 Previous studies in late-life depression (LLD) have found that patients have altered intrinsic functional connectivity in the dorsal defau...
Hot Publication - Reynolds and Colleagues
Predictors and Moderators of Remission With Aripiprazole Augmentation in Treatment-Resistant Late-Life Depression: An Analysis of the IRL-GRey Randomized Clinical Trial Kaneriya SH, Robbins-Welty GA, Smagula SF, Karp JF, Butters MA, Lenze EJ, Mulsant BH, Blumberger D, Anderson SJ, Dew MA, Lotrich F, Aizenstein HJ, Diniz BS, and Reynolds CF 3rd. JAMA Psychiatry. 2016 Apr 1;73(4):329-336 Safe, efficacious, second-lin...
Hot Publication - The Lancet
Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of augmentation pharmacotherapy with aripiprazole for treatment-resistant depression in late life: A randomized placebo-controlled trial Lenze EJ, Mulsant BH, Blumberger DM, Karp JF, Newcomer JW, Anderson SJ, Dew MA, Butters MA, Stack JA, Begley AE and Reynolds CF The Lancet, Published Online, 2015 Treatment-resistant major depressive disorder is common and potentially life-threat...
Hartford Foundation Change AGEnts
Jordan Karp, MD Selected for the Hartford Change AGEnts Policy Institute The Hartford Foundation has selected Jordan Karp, MD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Anesthesiology, and Clinical and Translational Science, for participation in the Foundation?s Change AGEnts Policy Institute. Hartford Change AGEnts Action Awards are one-year grants that are available to interprofessional teams for the purpose of achievin...