John J McGonigle, PhD
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Rehabilitation Science and Technology
3811 O'Hara St.
Education & Training
University of Pittsburgh, School of Education Education
Director, Autism Services, Education, Resources and Training Collaborative - Western Pennsylvania Region
Selected Honors & Awards
Commitment and Excellence in Service Award, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Neurodevelopmental disabilities; Autism spectrum disorder; Neuropsychiatric disordersSelected Clinical Publications & Products
- McGuire, K., Erickson, C., Gabriels, R.l., Kaplian, D., Mazefsky, C., McGonigle, J., Meservy, J., Pedapati, E., Pierri, J., Wink, L., & Siegel, M. (2015). Psychiatric Hospitalization of Children with Autism or Intellectual Disability: Consensus Statements on Best Practices. J. Am Academy Child and Adol Psychiatry, 54(12):969-971.
- McGonigle,J.J., Venkat, A., Beresford, C., Campbell,T.P., Gabriels, R.L., (2014) Management of Agitation in Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders in the Emergency Department. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 23: 83-95.
- Lubetsky, M.J., Handen, B.L., Lubetsky, M. & McGonigle, J. J. (2014) System of care for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Serious Behavioral Disturbance Through the Lifespan. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 23: 97-110.
- McGonigle, J. J., Migyanka, J. M., Glor-Scheib, S. J., Cramer, R., Fratangeli, J. J., Hegde, G.G., Shang, J., Venkat, A. (2014) Education of Pre-Hospital and Emergency Department Personnel on Autism Spectrum Disorder. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. 44:1252-1259.
- McGonigle JJ, Rojahn J, Dixon J, and Strain PS (1987). Multiple treatment interference in the alternating treatments design as a function of the intercomponent interval length. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis 20:171-178.
Emergency room care for patients with autism; Positive approaches in crisis situations; Justice personnel and autism spectrum disorderSelected Education Publications & Products
- Autism Spectrum Disorders - Pittsburgh Pocket Psychiatry Series Lubetsky, M.J., Handen, B., & Mcgonigle, J.J. (2011). Oxford Press